Baseball

ianrobo1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the realist in my says we drop the next 2 in Philly and collapse.. :lol:
The realist in me was right.

Dropped 2 in Philly, which has started a 1-7 slide. The last 4 games have pretty much been the same, with little variation. Take early lose, lose it in the middle innings and that's that.

The hack journo whose daughter was a friend of my younger brother proposes "The Curse of Roy Hodgson"

And the hits just keep on coming.

In their latest move to make friends and endear themselves to local fans, Fenway Sports Management yesterday announced it has inked Ulf Samuelsson and Matt Cooke to work on business deals worldwide.

Red Sox chairman Tom Werner termed the FSM-Samuelsson-Cooke alliance “a powerful collaboration,’’ adding, “There are few athletes who can match their global reach, appeal, and iconic status.’’

Ulf Samuelsson in all likelihood still gets death threats from the 617 for this... Cam Neely's career was basically ended with that one & Matt Cooke's hit on Savard

Any way you look at it, the Sox haven’t been the same since John Henry bought Liverpool FC. Maybe this is the Curse of Roy Hodgson.

• 4 weeks later...
Carlos Beltran became the 8th met to hit 3 HRs in a game (all of them being on the road too) last night in Colorado. Really carried the team with so many starters out injured/rested.

Very happy for him, and for the season he's having so far. He's had a lot of bad luck the past couple of years with injuries, and the club's mis-management of those injuries hasn't helped. And I think he's a caught a lot of unfair criticism from the fans over the years.

The game made me think about a time in the late '80s when Darryl Strawberry hit three at Wrigley Field in Chicago, the last of which I think hit the center field scoreboard, which was and is some ridiculous distance from home plate, like 450 feet or something. The thing that I remember most was the Cubs fans giving Straw a standing ovation as he rounded the bases after the third home run, which I thought was classy especially considering the Mets and Cubs were big rivals in the old NL East during the '80s.

How many will Jose Bautista get this year.... Avg is well up also.

Scary how good he is...and strange that he couldn't hit for any power just 2 years ago...

:detect:

How many will Jose Bautista get this year.... Avg is well up also.

Scary how good he is...and strange that he couldn't hit for any power just 2 years ago...

:detect:

hmmmm haha. Roids?

He actually doesn't look like he juices....but any sudden explosion in power like he's had surely makes you wonder...if he hasn't been tested yet, I'm sure he will be very soon based on what he's doing.

If he's clean, the guy is a **** machine....

Â