VT GOTY 2019 & Games of the Last Decade

Ingram85

GOTY for me is easy...as long as I can pick a game which came out on PS4 in March this year, but was originally released in Japan in 2013, in America in 2015, and in Europe on PSV, in 2016.

I had heard of it before, but had been put off by things I'd heard about the series. As it happens, my decision to buy this upon it's PS4 release completely changed my gaming year, as I played through the series, and researched the stuff I couldn't. 

That game is Trails of Cold Steel

I really do need to get around to finishing my Trails / Kiseki thread at some point. 

Decade is tough. Let's see... 

Red Dead Redemption 2

Horizon Zero Dawn 

Grand Theft Auto V

The Last of Us

Mass Effect

Yakuza 0

Persona 4 Golden

Life is Strange

Elder Scolls V - Skyrim

Ni no kuni

Honorable mentions to - Ys 8, Rocket League, Portal 2, Xcom 2, Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn, Red Dead Redemption, Zero Escape: Nonary Games, Danganronpa 1/2 Reload, Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel. I thought Dragon Age Origins would count too, but it was released at the end of 2009. I must've played it in 2010.

I think, at a push, my one choice would be Skyrim

Edited by hogso

• 2 weeks later...

If I have to choose a 2019 game for game of the year then it's Links Awakening on the Switch as I think it's the only 2019 released game I've played.

As for games of the decade

Breath of the Wild (winner by a country mile)

Rocket League

GTA V

The Last of Us

Mario Odyssey

Witcher 3

RDR (the first one. RDR2 is one of the biggest disappointments I've ever experienced)

Edited by Stevo985

Outer Wilds has crept in as a late contender for GOTY for me. Its release slipped me by (and I had an amusing conversation with someone when I was playing Outer Worlds, thinking he just had a weird accent, not realising we were both talking about different games), but it's a brilliant concept.

Â