Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Going to be very difficult to get anything out of today.  Can’t see us keeping a clean sheet and going go be difficult to score without Daly (Suspended) or Dali starting. Can only see a defeat I’m afraid today. 

• Haha 1

HT 1-1

Good half I thought, unlucky to be level.  Noticeably Hanson the driving force, along with Leon involved in all things good - patten and mayling good also.  Still some poor decisions and loose balls, but not many and way more like our play last year were our wide play created the most chances,  Could have had 2 or 3 goals here from that.

Not sure what Magill offers, would like Mullet on and give Leon more freedom. Stay tight and we can get something out of this.

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

A surprising half, as we’ve been the better side and restricted them to literally nothing. Leon and Hanson have been our driving force. More of the same please. 

Yeah we've played well first half from what I've seen. Shame to concede from a simple set piece though. Need to keep getting Leon on the ball as she looks like the best chance of making things happen.

Great result and probably unexpected, certainly by me at least. Second half was a case of digging in a bit but still largely untroubled.

Doesn’t matter what level of football you play, that goal from Jordan Nobbs was pure quality. Truly wonderful strike.

We deserved it and a great confidence builder. 

• Like 1

Shame we dropped points against Bristol City because we'd be right on Spurs now.

Performances last 2 games have been much improved, still lacking that final ball but overall definitely better.

Great win, but it was always a game I thought we had a chance in because Spurs aren't that good, they just had an amazing start which against the backdrop of our terrible start I think made them seem to some maybe a much better side in comparison to us than they actually are, they've actually only won two of their last ten in the WSL now, but that said our injuries and Daly being out made it a much more daunting prospect than it perhaps would have been, and it's worth pointing out that despite not getting many wins recently, today is the first time they've lost to a non 'top four' team

I didn't see the game itself, but did see Nobbs' goal and the build up to it, no idea what the Spurs player was trying to do in the passage of play that lead to the corner, Nobbs played a poor pass and the Spurs player could have just got rid of it there and then but for some reason tried to shepherd it out for a goalkick when she wasn't really close enough to the byeline for that and the ball wasn't travelling very fast, great play from Lehmann though I think it was too win us the corner from that situation, and then brilliant strike from Nobbs

Great performance all round and fantastic winning goal. This is by far the best I have seen the team play this season over a full game. Only matched by the fantastic away support who sang throughout the game with a very varied ( and often humorous) song book. Take a bow all involved.

• Like 1

Only one defeat in five in the WSL now, three wins in those five games, in the top four in the form guide over the last six and eight games, just three points behind Spurs in sixth, with a couple of winnable games coming up, in theory a top six finish shouldn't be out of the question, if we beat Liverpool in two weeks time, then we would be just three points from fifth, just a shame our squad has been left in such a precarious position, going to need a lot of luck with injuries, we especially can't afford any more to our central defenders or midfielders

• Like 2

Our U21s beat Durham 3-0 yesterday in the league, Mega Shaw twice, and Ruby-Rae Tucker with the goals, was wondering what had happened to Shaw, as was making the first team squad last season, Sophia Poor also played, we're second in the table - note the official table isn't officially published this season, that's one that a fan account has made based on results

Freya Gregory played leftback earlier for England U23 against Spain, she's made a few appearances for them in that position recently from the bench and apparently did well, and is why we kept her with us for the second half of the season rather than sending her out on loan, she played well today, put in some good defensive blocks, and looked generally good on the ball, was 1-1 when she was subbed, finished 3-1 to them

Edited by useless

Â