Stadia

dubbs

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No idea why thats confusing you asked me a question and i answered it limpid 

I'm confused that you thought something would fail because you personally like owning physical things. That model is going away for almost everything.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, limpid said:

I'm confused that you thought something would fail because you personally like owning physical things. That model is going away for almost everything.

Thats not confusing though is it? Thata personal choice. Alot of people still like physically owning a game and then trading it in when they finish it.

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats not confusing though is it? Thata personal choice. Alot of people still like physically owning a game and then trading it in when they finish it.

I don't want to speak for Limpid, but while your opinion on ownership is perfectly valid, I don't think it's the reason it flopped. Look at how well Netflix, Spotify, even the Xbox game pass thing are doing.

For most games these days, even if you "own" the physical media, we're increasingly seeing games become inoperable once the company pulls support. With a lot of games even having online components to their single player experience, gone are the days of knowing that you'll be able to stick a disk in and play it for some nostalgia in 30 years time like I can with my mega drive. The servers will be down for most games within 10.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don't want to speak for Limpid, but while your opinion on ownership is perfectly valid, I don't think it's the reason it flopped. Look at how well Netflix, Spotify, even the Xbox game pass thing are doing.

For most games these days, even if you "own" the physical media, we're increasingly seeing games become inoperable once the company pulls support. With a lot of games even having online components to their single player experience, gone are the days of knowing that you'll be able to stick a disk in and play it for some nostalgia in 30 years time like I can with my mega drive. The servers will be down for most games within 10.

Yeah thats a valid point about netflix but i think gamers are generally different to netflixers. There is a lot of people as you rightly say that prefer just paying xbox pass however you still have the option to purchase as a download or physical.

Stadia didnt give that option so someone like we who likes both options wouldnt be interested in something like stadia and i suspect there are alot of people like me who would be put off by it.

Â