January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

8 hours ago, TRO said:

The scouting is/has been worse than the team itself.

Have we really been scouting?

Actually when we scouted during these years we had some very good players coming from abroad.

Benteke, Ayew, Gana, Veretout, Amavi and finally McGin. 

Its the other type of players which making us down. The year we went down, all those new foreign players went with good money and to better places. So individually we had some good deals. But on the other hand we go back to the same mistake all the time.

Thats why i’m interested with our deal with Guilbert which would indicate that we’re going to work our scouting system.

The only way you could get quality players at this stage is by buying from abroad or from lower league and try to get bargains. The other way is to get players on loans. We can’t get Abraham’s quality permanently. We might pay more than 10m just to get someone who would score half of his goals. 

I really like our approach, the likes of Mings who aren’t getting there chances we get them on loan and try and have agreement incase of a buy. Yet the likes of Tuanzebe and Abraham we just have them for short term. Or think of them again if we’re up. Building a team of all quality players is even hard if we’re playing in the Premier League let alone Championship. The approach so far is good, but what makes me fear is that we will need to do more than just a rebuild with losing Jack and Abraham at once. Same been when we went down, if we had Benteke and Vlaar for another season everything would have been different. Because the players we bought had a real potential.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

If you watched the Wolves v Newcastle game tonight....you will clearly see whats wrong with us....both teams show commitment and intensity, aside from their quality.

I am not going to call that... Manager or players....but it isn't right that's for sure.

Absolutely, it was there for all to see. Even the likes of Jota and Moutinho put themselves about. Also very impressed with Longstaff. As to why our players aren't doing the same... your guess is as good as mine. You've said it countless times before, something isn't right. Then again, just look at how DS is celebrating that Green header go in... he cares, and I believe he wants to make it right. Perhaps he (much like everyone else) is worried about the ease in which we concede, and therefor resorted to the negative tactics we've seen lately... like so many of his predecessors. The passengers need to be replaced, it will take time. It's essential we find a center forward that is able to hold the ball. Just look at Rondon, Newcastle would never advance to the final third without him.

Edited by vreitti

So turns out building a squad full of players who won't be here next season for various reasons wasn't such a clever idea.

It's all well and good when things are going your way (it almost worked last season) but as soon as we hit a few bumps thing go sour fast.

The comeback last week was nice but that's so far an anomaly.

Short term thinking over and over again.

Hope we are finally seeing an end to this approach.

7 hours ago, vreitti said:

Absolutely, it was there for all to see. Even the likes of Jota and Moutinho put themselves about. Also very impressed with Longstaff. As to why our players aren't doing the same... your guess is as good as mine. You've said it countless times before, something isn't right. Then again, just look at how DS is celebrating that Green header go in... he cares, and I believe he wants to make it right. Perhaps he (much like everyone else) is worried about the ease in which we concede, and therefor resorted to the negative tactics we've seen lately... like so many of his predecessors. The passengers need to be replaced, it will take time. It's essential we find a center forward that is able to hold the ball. Just look at Rondon, Newcastle would never advance to the final third without him.

well observed IMO...good post.

I too, thought Longstaff was impressive.

I think the manager is as frustrated as we are, but he is the only one who can fix it.

I am not sure about the negative tactics, I don't think he has that in him....I concede he has to find points from somewhere, but I think that the players inability to dominate their opposite number lends itself to retreat.

I think playing Jedinak was a mistake, and Kodjia does not seem mentally in tune to play at present, perhaps his failed move to angers has affected him....sadly I think a slight breeze during training could put him off, just lately.

4 hours ago, sne said:

So turns out building a squad full of players who won't be here next season for various reasons wasn't such a clever idea.

It's all well and good when things are going your way (it almost worked last season) but as soon as we hit a few bumps thing go sour fast.

The comeback last week was nice but that's so far an anomaly.

Short term thinking over and over again.

Hope we are finally seeing an end to this approach.

As tempting as it is and as angry, we can all get watching some of the performances.... we do have to be patient....and hope everyone knows what they are doing.

We have to just sit back and watch events unfold.....baring a freak upturn in form, I think we can forget this season.

We need incremental improvement to give us confidence, we are on the right lines.