What position would you be happy with next season?

Kalim_a

What position would you thing we should be realistically challanging for next season?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What position would you thing we should be realistically challanging for next season?

• Top 3
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • anywhere in top 10

I am bored, really looking forward to Euro champ. and next season.

Regarding Villa, I'd be happy with 5 and a cup would be nice, but I see no reason why we can't challenge for the 4th postion. I am delighted with the Laursen signing, hes a class defender I reckon and will be excellent with Mellberg. I rekon we will have a better defence than Liverpool and Newcastle. Just need cover for Samuel and possibly another CB, Huth on loan would be good but I'd like it better if it was view to a permanent move...

Midfield is where we lack the edge compared to Liverpool and Newcastle, we can put up a good show with our 1st choice but dont really have a good backup, need cover for Solano since Hendrie is not a right midfielder...

Strike force is as good as the scousers and geordies...

Discuss...

Regards,

Kalim.

I'll say 5th. Liverpool will no doubt improve beyond all recognition and regain their place in the elite. Newcastle will stagnate under mad Bobby's rule. A few shrewd signings should put us in a solid 5th. We wont have the bedding in period we had last season where we lost a load of points either. It is the manner in which we take 5th place I'll be looking for too. I dont want to scrape in because someone else failed (although I'll take that ;)). I would prefer that we were up there fighting all the way, but I would ideally want Europe by the end of the season.

I agree with you, but regarding Liverpool, whoever comes in will have money to spend, but it will take time to get a settled team, dont think they will join the elite in the 1st season.

Think about it Kalim, they got 4th this season playing absolute sh1te. If they even nearly become a team next season they'll stick 10pts on this season's tally no problem.

I do see your point and its logical, however I reckon the new manager will have a clearout and get loads of new players in... and it will take time for them to settle...

Guest RantinRob

Top 4 please

And when anyone mentions " a cup" I assume you don't mean the FA variety- that's a cup I'm convinced we are never going to win again.

It has to be Top 4 - that is the next step up from Top 6.

But, of course, knowing us we could easily be fighting relegation again...........

It has to be Top 4 - that is the next step up from Top 6.

But, of course, knowing us we could easily be fighting relegation again...........

Not if we keep super Dave!!!

I say fourth... A few more signings and we WILL progress.

Chelsea fans I saw also said outside of the top 3 only 3 clubs can hold onto their best players... Us, barcodes, red scouce...

I voted top 10 (would've voted top 8 if it was an option). Remember last season we overachieved, we shouldn't start getting all "Billy big boots" about how good we are, it could easily come back to haunt us.

Of course, it will depend on the signings (or lack of) we make between now and August, then I might be a bit more optimistic.

I think we will finish 2nd!!!! We will have an okay start to the season, and be hanging around 6th place up until the end of November. We will then have a solid starting 11 (with very little squad rotation) that will be growing in confidence that will take us on a run of 8 wins, and 2 draws in 10. By the end of January we will be top of the league (2 points ahead of Arsenal).

At this point in time O'Leary will start to be hailed as the greatest ever Villa manager, Angel will be worth 30 million, and Match of the day will be giving half their coverage to Villa.

Villa will soon fall off the top spot (tiredness setting in for the soon to be legendary starting 11), but remain in the top 3. In March several key injuries will contribute to Villa falling to 4th spot (behind Arsenal, Liverpool, and Man Utd - but only 6 points away from 1st).

Solano will return from injury with 5 games to go, and will contribute greatly (with the help of a regularly sold out Villa Park singing their hearts out), to Villa winning 4 of their last 5 games - including a vital win over Utd or Liverpool to finish in 2nd place (2 points behind Arsenal).

No cup wins Im afraid though. We'll lose to Newcastle in the semi finals of the league cup, and take an early exit in the FA cup losing to Crystal Palace or someone.

This time next year we will be looking forward to Champions League football, have some decent spending money, Pavel Nedvied will announce he wants to finish his career at Villa Park, and Van Brommel will be suffering from depression and struggling to find match fitness as he tries to help Spurs make a quick return to the premiership!!!!