U23 Development League 2018/2019

BOF

We played a part in that game, I think Southampton deserved it but we gave it a decent go.

Considering we changed the group half way through the season I think we've done quite well. It'll now be very interesting to see how this shake up progresses next term.

• Like 1

Stats updated.  Southampton will be home to Newcastle in the final after the latter defeated Reading 3-2 away from home on penalties after a 2-2 draw after extra time.  Newcastle only took it to penalties with a 122nd minute equalising penalty of their own.

well, disappointing start to the HK7 tourney - finished 3rd in out group (instead of our usual top 2) with record of W1 D1 L1 - so played in the losers "Plate" tournament.

In good Company - with Fulham (incl Timmy Abraham lol) 

3 comfortable victories later we had won it. - including 3-1 v Fulham in the final

Squad

GK Alkos Onodi

2 Brad Burton

3 Dominic Revan

4 isiah Bazeley Graham

5 Lewis Brunt

6 Jadon Philomen-Bidace

7 Indiana Vassilev

8 Cameron Archer

9 Aaron Pressley

10 Jack Clarke

• Thanks 2

Just had a note from eddiemunster, asking about contract status on the following, who he thinks are out of contract

(some have just played in HK - so would assume they have got new contracts)

Ben Guy, Callum Rowe, Charlie Farr, Charlie McConnachie, Colin Odutayo, Dimitri Sea, Ethan Patterson, Indiana Vassilev, Isiah Bazeley-Graham, Jack Clarke, Jake Walker, Luke Ige, Mungo Bridge, Sam Lomax and Easah Suliman.

I wasn't aware of any of this - not sure its true

Edited by SirSteveUK
  • Thanks 1

I think you are correct on all of them apart from Charlie Farr, I think he’s only a second year scholar for next season. Jake Walker hasn’t really kicked on as much as I hoped, don’t get me wrong, I think he’s excellent but considering he played for the u23s as an u16,  he hasn’t really developed as much as I hoped

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t know, have we? It would be a shame if we have

Its just a list that eddiemunster sent me - saying they were all in last year of contract. I have no idea - but feel releasing players like colin and dmitri is no good

1 minute ago, SirSteveUK said:

Its just a list that eddiemunster sent me - saying they were all in last year of contract. I have no idea - but feel releasing players like colin and dmitri is no good

Odutayo is talented but he is lazy, thanks for your info

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is he? You seem to have good info

Not really - just looking at him in goal - he';s F***ing tall  ^^^^^

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Really ??

- we've released them ALL ??

Surely we haven't released a bunch of players we just flew to Hong Kong at significant expense?

What on earth would be the point of that?