Family and childcare - a limit?

Dodgyknees

9 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Anybody got an answer to this?

My mother in law sent me a text this morning, saying grandparents cannot look after grandchildren for more than 15 hours, or they will get fined... is this for real? 

I've never heard of it.

Who the **** would enforce it? :lol: 

Tell her to look after the kid and stop being a shellfish ;) #parentslivesmatter

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DK82 said:

My mother in law sent me a text this morning, saying grandparents cannot look after grandchildren for more than 15 hours, or they will get fined... is this for real? 

15 hrs is the number of hours parents with incomes around £16k or less can claim from the government.

She might be thinking of that.

It's the opposite. Grand parents can be full time child carers AND it counts towards topping up their National Insurance contributions as a legit job, should they not already be on full benefits

the nanny state

Thousands of grandparents caring for their grandchildren over the summer holidays could be missing out on the chance to boost their future State Pension, the government has warned today.

Many working-age grandmothers and fathers could qualify for Class 3 National Insurance credits for looking after children aged under 12 – which can be used to top up their income in retirement.

but, perhaps she just doesn't like your kids?

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 16/02/2017 at 10:49, DK82 said:

This has to be bullshit. My parents had our eldest (3) for 2 days whilst we went through the horribly long labour with our second child. And regularly take the kids off out at weekends and stuff because they want to. Has to be a load of rubbish! 

On 16/02/2017 at 10:59, DK82 said:

Luckily, no kid.... yet... ;)

Your mother in law sounds very odd.  She sends you that message even though you have no kids? Maybe she's trying to pre-empt any ... :crylaugh:

• Like 1

Â