Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

A lot of fans give him a hard time on here.

One thing that I have learnt is to reserve my judgement once the game has finished.

I still think that he can get us into 2nd. The 7 game run convinced me. 

Come on. This win can’t be on Bruce. He f****d up and was saved only by bad finishing from Wednesday and a big portion of luck...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Total nonsense. We are talking about the here and now. A lot of people have held their hands up. Can we just stop this 'I was right' stuff?

Bruce must be the luckiest manager in world football, he keeps getting “lucky” wins. At least people have a week off “he’s got no plan b“ as we came from behind twice to win away from home by 2 clear goals. Lucky indeed.

What will it take for him to get some credit? Will we have to dominate the game entirely from start to finish and win by 5 goals? It isn’t going to happen by us or any other team in this division. Both teams will have spells and the better team more often than not comes out on top.

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

We've got to stop this moaning. Win or lose, I'm with him.

If we don't go up he goes, simple as that. But, it's too late to change anything now. We are where we are and love or loathe him he is here until the end of the season so we might as well cheer him on - win or lose - and then voice our concerns, if any, at the end of the season. 

I agree on the moaning, he is our manager for this run in and needs the support, but pointing out concerns and fair criticism isn't a problem. What is there to discuss if we can only say everything is great?

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

Bruce must be the luckiest manager in world football, he keeps getting “lucky” wins. At least people have a week off “he’s got no plan b“ as we came from behind twice to win away from home by 2 clear goals. Lucky indeed.

What will it take for him to get some credit? Will we have to dominate the game entirely from start to finish and win by 5 goals? It isn’t going to happen by us or any other team in this division. Both teams will have spells and the better team more often than not comes out on top.

I think you've ignored a lot in this thread over the past month if you think he gets no credit. 

• Like 2

Just now, Eastie said:

I’d like to see axel get a chance at DM next week if fit - Bruce need to sort his midfield . 

I'd get thor back in there. It was working well. Good decision to get jedinak in for the derby but it worked well before. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I think you've ignored a lot in this thread over the past month if you think he gets no credit. 

Indeed. It’s a strange thing to say - that he doesn’t get credit. I think there is an agenda there, to label fans as moaners.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He’s got plenty credit in recent weeks , if he gets team selection wrong he can expect criticism . 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I admit I don’t come in this thread very often (for a number of reason).

If that is the case, why come in here with those comments? You’ve said people have criticised Bruce, yet admit to not being in here much. 

Not fair.

Edited by Dick

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I agree on the moaning, he is our manager for this run in and needs the support, but pointing out concerns and fair criticism isn't a problem. What is there to discuss if we can only say everything is great?

That is a fair point mate. Look, I share concerns too about the likes of picking Onomah over O'Hare or Lansbury etc. 

I think questioning team selection is fine but questioning Bruce's position whilst we are 1 point off second is petty. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dick said:

If that is the case, why come in here shouting your mouth off? 

??? What’s the required ratio of visits to have an opinion?

I was just commenting that on the back of another win people still can’t bring themselves to be happy or praise the coach. It’s the same every week, he’s always “lucky”. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

That is a fair point mate. Look, I share concerns too about the likes of picking Onomah over O'Hare or Lansbury etc. 

I think questioning team selection is fine but questioning Bruce's position whilst we are 1 point off second is petty. 

Has his position been questioned? If so is that the majority?

Just now, Genie said:

??? What’s the required ratio of visits to have an opinion?

I was just commenting that on the back of another win people still can’t bring themselves to be happy or praise the coach. It’s the same every week, he’s always “lucky”. 

Always lucky? You’ve read that in here a lot, or have you not been in this thread much? Which is it?

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

Always lucky? You’ve read that in here a lot, or have you not been in this thread much? Which is it?

I wrote it very clearly, it seems like every win is “lucky” for one reason or another.

3 minutes ago, Dick said:

I wrote it very clearly, it seems like every win is “lucky” for one reason or another.

Just now, Genie said:

You’d rather have an unlucky manager?

You say it ‘seems’ so maybe these are your thoughts, not something gathered from a thread you have admitted you hardly visit.

fwiw, we have had a lot of bad luck for years, so even if we are lucky - we are certainly due it.

I think Bruce has been lucky, I also think Bruce has been unlucky. Sorry to confuse you with that.

Just now, Dick said:

You’d rather have an unlucky manager?

You say it ‘seems’ so maybe these are your thoughts, not something gathered from a thread you have admitted you hardly visit.

fwiw, we have had a lot of bad luck for years, so even if we are lucky - we are certainly due it.

I think Bruce has been lucky, I also think Bruce has been unlucky. Sorry to confuse you with that.

My god, can’t believe you missed the point so badly.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

My god, can’t believe you missed the point so badly.

That Bruce has been called lucky? Or that you are having a dig at fans for calling Bruce lucky? Or you think lucky is bad? Or you hardly use this thread but wanted to have a dig at fans celebrating a win?

Maybe I did miss the point.

Â