Week Oh and 4 (Eagles & Packers bye)

Brumerican

51 minutes ago, BOF said:

Meanwhile the Vikings continue to rack up an increasingly impressive list of scalps this season.  4-0 with the Packers, Panthers, Giants & Titans all taken care of.

Their D is fantastic . The offense is so so.

Sound familiar Bri ?

Two weeks ago, the two longest streaks of not going an entire 4th quarter down by more than 1 score were the Patriots at 35 games and the Panthers at 27 games.

The current leader in those stakes is the Raiders at 19 games and counting.

I watched the first half of the Giants Vikings game last night. I couldn't understand why when you've got Beckham, Shepard and Cruz you persist with getting Darkwa to run the ball.

In my brief experience of watching running backs he looks awful. 

16 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I watched the first half of the Giants Vikings game last night. I couldn't understand why when you've got Beckham, Shepard and Cruz you persist with getting Darkwa to run the ball.

In my brief experience of watching running backs he looks awful. 

If you don't run the ball then the linebackers, safetys and corner backs will just hang back in pass coverage , making it hard to make plays in the air . 

It's why Robinson and Hurns struggled the first three games . Defenses saw Yeldon as the lone RB and just didn't even plan for him . 

As soon as Ivory returned defenses had to plan for the running game and lo and behold Hurns and Robinson both got TD's. 

15 hours ago, zak said:

Forsett cut

I'm not surprised. West has proven he can be a 3 down back (I wanted to draft him originally so hyped he's finally in). Dixon is back next week from injury and he impressed early on. Forsett really was surplus to requirements and getting older. I think the only reason we resigned him is because Dixon went down.

I'll always be grateful for him signing when he did. He made the transition from Ray Rice a lot easier with his professionalism and work rate. I'm glad he had a good few years with us and wish him all the best. He deserves a shot somewhere else for his (probable) last contract.

23 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I'm not surprised. West has proven he can be a 3 down back (I wanted to draft him originally so hyped he's finally in). Dixon is back next week from injury and he impressed early on. Forsett really was surplus to requirements and getting older. I think the only reason we resigned him is because Dixon went down.

I'll always be grateful for him signing when he did. He made the transition from Ray Rice a lot easier with his professionalism and work rate. I'm glad he had a good few years with us and wish him all the best. He deserves a shot somewhere else for his (probable) last contract.

yeah but starting running back to just straight out cut in 8 days or something??

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

If you don't run the ball then the linebackers, safetys and corner backs will just hang back in pass coverage , making it hard to make plays in the air . 

It's why Robinson and Hurns struggled the first three games . Defenses saw Yeldon as the lone RB and just didn't even plan for him . 

As soon as Ivory returned defenses had to plan for the running game and lo and behold Hurns and Robinson both got TD's. 

Cheers, I assumed that was the case but it just seemed like the emphasis was placed on running the ball even when it wasn't really working.

I don't know how common it is to line up with 3 wide receivers but I would have thought they'd place more focus on receiving.

Either way, its a far more complex and technical sport than I gave it credit for. The old adage of it being "Pussy Rugby" is far from true. The only similarities are the shape of the ball.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, zak said:

yeah but starting running back to just straight out cut in 8 days or something??

He was never our starting running back this year. He was the vet who knew the system and the guy we would count on for a few games whilst the rest of our RB committee got healthy and up to speed. Once West proved he's the guy and Dixon got back he was always going to be pushed back. Anyway it was amicable. Forsett wants to start so we let him go to do that.

10 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

he-dont-make-the-law-he-justin-forsett-j

• Like 4

Â