NBA 2k16

RunRickyRun

Fuuuuuu - bought it (nba 2k16) last week!

It's an incredibly hard game for the newbie and there's no decent tutorial mode. It's packed with content though so there's something for everyone.

Edited by RunRickyRun

• 3 weeks later...

Downloaded this and managed about a minute of gameplay.

Absolutely no idea what i'm doing. And a look at the controls list made me none the wiser. It may as well have been in chinese.

I'm playing it, adjusted some of the sliders so my accuracy is slightly better and took a few of the fouls off, wouldn't say it's particularly enjoyable, defence is shit but I'm thinking that's a basketball thing not the games fault

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Downloaded this and managed about a minute of gameplay.

Absolutely no idea what i'm doing. And a look at the controls list made me none the wiser. It may as well have been in chinese.

This is pretty much the idea. It takes a long time to even become competent

It's got a good parallel to actually playing basketball as well. It's not an intuitive sport at all.

Still have fond memories of playing NBA 2k6 with realism sliders copied manually from 2kforums a decade ago (where does the time go!). That game was a masterpiece, a refreshing departure from the almost arcadey NBA Live series (kind of like the whole FIFA - PES dichotomy).

I have no next gen system that can play the new 2k games (Wii and Wii U) so I've been out of the loop for years but 2k16 looked really good from what I remember. Gonna buy a PS4 soon in time for 2k17 hopefully.

Â