Dubrovnik

Stevo985

As discussed in the Bulgaria thread...

Dubrovnik is also under consideration for our holiday this year. Any advice more than welcome.

GF favours a more all inclusive/resort style holiday with day trips, rather than a busy every day/travelling sort of holiday.  ANy suggestions of hotels in the area that would fit that kind of holiday. 

I've found one. Hotel Liburna. Looks great, but it's on one of the nearby islands rather than the mainland, and I think I'd rather be on the mainland for ease of day trips and that,

I spent one day there in the old town, it's lovely, but think I saw most stuff in there in that day.  Restaurants/cafes etc seemed expensive because it's awash with tourists but I don't know about anything outside of the old town.

They'll probably be filming GoT there in Septemeber.

The average for Gran Canaria in February is 18 but I've still had many warm holidays then!

Fair enough if you're looking at September though. I will never not recommend Poland :P

If you don't want to go all inclusive and sit on a beach all the time, just say to your GF that she looks fat.

Bingo! Now she will not want to go and lie on a beach and you are free to organise your own holiday!

You'd do well to find a decent beach in Dubrovnik. Mostly stony shores, though there are beaches here are there.

It is a lovely place. Plenty to explore and a lot of good grub to be had. I went in the middle of summer and it was really, really warm. I'd recommend doing as much outdoor stuff as you can, I went kayaking and it was a great experience. Good amount of history to read up on too if that is your thing.

There is also a good bookstore in the old town.

I want to go again.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

I think we might be straying away from this now.

It's definitely on the agenda for a future break. But I don't think it suits what we want this summer. So we'll probably do a long weekend or something there in the summer, or maybe next year, and get Bosnia and Montenegro in at the same time.

Â