The Division

mightysasquatch

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 14:35, lapal_fan said:

From what I've played/seen, it's dull as dishwater.

Ok, so you can have fun with other friends etc, but you could do that on Boarderlands which is better at bullet sponge enemies anyway.  "I like the real military aesthetics" - fine, but when you shoot someone with an M16, they'll die much faster than the 70 bullets I just put into someone.

Unless you're into grinding games (Boarderlands, Destiny etc) and you really like the aesthetics, this game is completely pointless.  And short lived it would seem, several of my friends list are now level 30.

Yep it's Destiny with a different skin.

The E3 teaser years ago made it seem like such a better game. Military shooter where the emphasis is on surviving in a city full of players who may or may not be out to get you? Great. This is none of the things it led people to believe back when the hype started and I wouldn't be surprised if the game changed somewhere in development based on the success of Destiny.

I dunno I still think it's a fun game. I don't really think it's anything like Destiny to be honest. This game is far more fluid. But then I've only probably put about 10 hours into it so far, maybe if I was playing it all the time then it would feel a bit boring. I've only made it to level 10 so far so it still holds my interest. 

Edited by PieFacE

Hit level 30 and I'm still enjoying it, being able to run around shooting fools while I'm matchmaking is a million times better than how destiny does it. 

I like Angry Joe a lot. I feel his reviews are really well balanced and can be quite comical. Though, the 5/10 seems a bit harsh to be honest. I kinda feel like if you rush through this game and put 40 hours into it in 1 week then it will ruin the experience. If you just play it an hour here or there then you feel happier with it. I'm still only a level 10!!! 

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I like Angry Joe a lot. I feel his reviews are really well balanced and can be quite comical. Though, the 5/10 seems a bit harsh to be honest. I kinda feel like if you rush through this game and put 40 hours into it in 1 week then it will ruin the experience. If you just play it an hour here or there then you feel happier with it. I'm still only a level 10!!! 

That's probably the way it should be played, but when you're 14 and you get home from school, it's pissing down outside and you're home at 3:30.  What else are you going to do until 10:00?

It's probably not uncommon for kids to play for 5 hours a day, which is a little scary.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

But he's right in all he has to say & the dark zone is utter garbage. Where he points out the penalty for dying in there is just plain ridiculous.  I love the bobble hat bit at the start it had me crying!

im still of the opinion that the dark zone was meant to be the whole map/what the game was built round, at least the idea/interaction of it & eventually they just came to realise it just simply didn't work...or rather they couldn't get it to. The trailers promised so much yet again we get a fraction of what most people were made to believe. 

I've made my money back anyway selling mine on eBay.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â