Quoting system isn't working

The_Rev

Question

Difficult to describe my exact issue, but the quote system seems to be all over the pace at the moment, specifically in the Paris thread.  It doesn't appear to be letting old quotes go if I try to quote something else and as a result the quote box is just getting clogged up.  Going by other comments in that thread it seems it's not just me having the issue.  I'm on Chrome (47.0.2 beta) and Windows 10 for what it's worth. 

5 hours ago, limpid said:

Weirdly, if I just keep typing and pressing delete it does eventually go. I just can't work out the pattern of it.

I managed similar once but couldn't figure out what I'd done! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

As much as I love this most recent version of VillaTalk, we must surely all be in agreement that the quoting systems is utterly dreadful?

Please start a new thread for other problems you may have. This isn't the place for a general discussion about quoting.

Hi Simon, 

I know you sent me a PM about this but I am still having this issue on one of my devices and hoped this might be helpful for others too.   

• Samsung Edge 7
  • Android 6.0.1 
  • Chrome

I have had the issue since I had the phone, it is only a few weeks old, but have cleared C&C again just to be sure and the issue remains. On my LG G3 (Android 5.0) it is not an issue, when I try to repeat the same click and hold action on the Samsung I do not get the scissors icon. Also Chrome. I've tried searching for an alternative pattern using delete etc and I can't find one.

12 hours ago, limpid said:

If it's only happening on one device, I'm a bit stuck and so will the developers be unless they have that phone.

Have you tried changing keyboard?

Using the Google keyboard on 6.0.1. Tried switching to Samsung kb and same issue.  

I don't get how it could be device specific when I'm not using anything device specific on it. Weird. 

It's the latest generation Samsung phone. If it was a random phone from China I'd understand, but I can't imagine I'm the only one in the world having this issue. 

As I type this I may have found a fix. There's a little button next to the spoiler tag that is identified by a magnifying glass over a page. It seems to change the formatting of the post. 

To the test forum!! :)

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
Â