Very slow

Seat68

Question

Unusable on my mobile (Chrome, Galaxy S5). Most of the links on the page don't work. I've had to refresh the page about 5 times to get the post reply button to work. 

Gala bingo advert at the top of the page is covering the star, magnifying glass etc which is also a pain. 

Rodders and genie. Please read the notes at the top of the forum and confirm you've cleared cookies and cache and that you've tried a different browser. Thanks.

We'll have to sit tight unit the hosts try their fix. I don't really understand how it can be so slow for a few people but fine for most.

Limps,

I tested this earlier at work on both IE and Chrome, having cleared cookies and cache. Most forums seemed ok, but "Other Football" and "Off Topic" were quite slow to load. "Villa talk" was slow as well but not as bad as those two. Loading times of around 10 seconds on both browsers for the first two forums I mentioned..

I'm now at home so have tested it using Chrome on my Chromebook. I get the same. Most forums are ok, but Off Topic and Other Football seem particularly slow. Again c10 seconds loading time (on a 30 mb connection), with Villa Talk slightly quicker but still slower than the rest of the site. The Tech forum, for example, loads almost instantly.

I've also tested using Incognito windows and it's the same.

It's not "painfully" slow for me. In my opinion it's still usable and not really an issue, but it IS noticeably slower than the old site. I don't know if that's because of a problem or just a result of having updated forums. Could also be to do with volume of topics/posts in those forums or users using them at one time? The 3 slow ones are also the three most popular.

Like I said, it's not a huge issue for me, but thought I'd try and put some info around it and some testing if it helps.

Edited by Stevo985

EDIT : Mobile site is all good, speedy, the quote button works, the reply functions load instantly.

Only issue I have noticed is new topics created since the update don't have the last page number listed on the topic title itself.. So you have to enter the topic and then click to last page.

Small issue, just thought I would let you know.

Edited by rodders0223