Very slow

Seat68

Question

Yeah it's noticeably slower since the update on all browsers and machines I've used (IE and Chrome on my work PC, tapatalk on my android and chrome on my Chromebook).

I'm not waiting 20-30 seconds though.

Edited by Stevo985

When accessing any of the areas, Villa talk, off topic its very slow to load, around 20-30 seconds. Tried at home and at work on different laptops, using chrome and windows 7 and 10 respectively. Same on an android phone/

Please read the notes at the top of the forum. Thanks.

I swear it's getting slower. It's starting to get frustrating. 

Please read the notes at the top of this forum.

I did and I posted on here that I did both of those things and yet it's still going slow. 

You haven't mentioned your browser and OS...

I swear it's getting slower. It's starting to get frustrating. 

Please read the notes at the top of this forum.

I did and I posted on here that I did both of those things and yet it's still going slow. 

You haven't mentioned your browser and OS...

Or what happened when you tried another browser. Next I'l;l ask you to try with another device on the same network or try and connect your device to a different network. These are pretty basic diagnostic checks.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern here. A few people are having a problem which they don't seem to be able to quantify. I need to establish if there is a pattern. I get an occasional slow page, but that's it. I used to get that on the old site.

I am currently using my work laptop at my desk, so I am using their wired connection which is also fast. I cleared my cookies and cache but I am having issues. I have tested this only on Chrome though. Even if internet explorer or firefox were quicker, I'd still use Chrome. 

I am currently using my work laptop at my desk, so I am using their wired connection which is also fast. I cleared my cookies and cache but I am having issues. I have tested this only on Chrome though. Even if internet explorer or firefox were quicker, I'd still use Chrome. 

That's fantastic, but doesn't help me track down the problem.

I don't know what to tell you because I don't know why the problem is occurring either. Site is running considerably slower than it once was. It seems to be a consistent issue across various PCs. 

I don't know what to tell you because I don't know why the problem is occurring either. Site is running considerably slower than it once was. It seems to be a consistent issue across various PCs. 

But only for a small number of users. If you don't want to help, that's fine.

But only for a small number of users. If you don't want to help, that's fine.

What do you mean if I don't want to help? That is why I am posting. What do you want me to do?

On my android phone it is, yes, painfully slow,standard internet browser. Quoting rarely works and when it does I have to wait 2 ot 3 seconds for one letter I type to register before I type the next.

On my Galaxy tablet the reply function doesn't work at all. It won't pull up the keyboard when I click it?