NFL Fantasy League 2015

Tubby

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

And we don't do points per reception because?

we do

But a running back is more likely to have 15/20+ touches than a WR having 15/20 catches. Therefore, they're a point horse.

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

That's the team defence we can choose?

Yeah defence and special teams. So points allowed/yards allowed/special team yards/interceptions/sacks/3 and outs etc

Most people who don't get a top 5 who WILl be top 5 all year stream a D/ST based on match up. 

Yeah some of the highest favoured last year were dreadful. Mostly RB's too.

Looking at you Jamaal Charles (ACL), Jeremy Hill (just bad) Eddie Lacy and CJ Anderson!

My first round pick was suspended for 2 games, then did his MCL in like week 9 :(

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Looking at you Jamaal Charles (ACL), Jeremy Hill (just bad) Eddie Lacy and CJ Anderson!

My first round pick was suspended for 2 games, then did his MCL in like week 9 :(

I've learned that Running backs, especially those in the top 5, tend to be injured for 25% of their games compared to wide receivers who tend to only miss around 10%.

You still need to have 2 RB's by the end of the 3rd round though IMO. Especially with our format.

Although some will take WR's in the 1st round (cough abdomlahor cough) :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

You still need to have 2 RB's by the end of the 3rd round though IMO. Especially with our format.

Although some will take WR's in the 1st round (cough abdomlahor cough) :D

That goes against the strategy i've read about of Zero RB (which I was going to try).

That is for people playing in PPR leagues which i've recently learned we aren't......

Yeah. In PPR leagues, IIRC you don't get points per carry so WR's are more valuable.

Honestly, my quick guide would be.

Draft RB's early.

QB's aren't as important as you'd think (streaming is viable. I did most season once I lost Romo)

WR's can be absolute point horses or a total point drain.

D/ST on a good match up can win you games singlehandedly. Or vice versa.

Kickers are worthless.

Don't use a tight end in W/T.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I've learned that Running backs, especially those in the top 5, tend to be injured for 25% of their games compared to wide receivers who tend to only miss around 10%.

A week in and you already know more than me.:o

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Looking at you CJ Anderson!

Took CJ in the first, then Demaryius in the 2nd (Who supposedly had a bad year), Jimmy Graham in the 3rd. Still got to the championship, through late round picks, trades and waiver wire.

There's a lot more to winning fantasy than just drafting well. Although it helps obviously.

Question. When it says things like....

Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 10 points at 200 yards

Does that mean if my player rushes 100 yards he gets 10 points (1 per every 10 yards) plus 5 on top for reaching the 100 yard total?

6 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Question. When it says things like....

Does that mean if my player rushes 100 yards he gets 10 points (1 per every 10 yards) plus 5 on top for reaching the 100 yard total?

Yep. Also, we don't do decimal points (anybody want to change that for this year?), so 99 yards rushing = 9 points. 100 yards rushing = 15 points (10 for 100 + 5 for bonus).

Bonuses are added together as well, so if your player gets 200 for example, he will get all 3 bonuses equalling 20 points, not just the 10 for 200.

• Like 1

Eh - had to create new Yahoo account, for some reason it didn't know the mail addy I've been using qith Yahoo for years and now I get

• You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)

A newbs guide to the Top 20 Running Backs. Discuss / Mock / Critique (No I haven't just stolen a list from the interwebs, i've stolen about ten :p)

1. Todd Gurley

2. David Johnson

3. Adrian Peterson

4. Ezekiel Elliot

5. Jamaal Charles

6. Le'Veon Bell

7. Devonta Freeman

8. Lamar Miller

9. LeSean McCoy

10. Mark Ingram

11. Eddie Lacey

12. Doug Martin