Best games of this season.

VillaChris

Is it me or has this been the most boring premier league season of a long time? I accept games that often have a lot of goals don't always qualify as great games but most of the top clashes in the league have been really boring this season imo, so many 1-1s and low scoring games whereas in previous seasons you've had stuff like Man. City 6 Arsenal 3 and Man. City 4 Man. United 1.

What would your top 3 games of the season be? I don't think he CL has been that vinage this year either in terms of quality games in the knock out save for Juventus 2 Real Madrid 1 which was a great watch from start to finish.

I'd go with:

1. Villa 2 Liverpool 1. Little needs to be said but I'd honestly say I'd rank that as a neutral in my top 3.

2. Juve 2 Real Madrid 1. Just a really good intense watch from the start and a shock result which I always like.

3. Everton 3 Chelsea 6. Mental game right at the start of the season, proper premier league end to end stuff with a goal seemingly every 5 minutes and which gave people false hope Chelsea wouldn't run away with the league.

I suppose Spurs 5 Chelsea 3 was unlucky to miss out but after that I'm struggling.

Edited by VillaChris

Champions League gets staler every season.

Having said that I enjoyed Real Madrid schooling Liverpool in front of a famous Anfield atmosphere.

• Like 1

I think Man. United-Arsenal summed up the malaise today. 10-15 years ago, it seemed the whole country would stop to watch when they played- Keane v Vieria, Henry v Van Nistelrooy, Wenger v Fergie, two rivals at each others throats and proper hatred between the two teams. There were some brilliant fixtures between those two like the Villa park cup semi.

Nowadays with both teams off the title pace, it just seemed like a community shield knock out.

2. Juve 2 Real Madrid 2. Just a really good intense watch from the start and a shock result which I always like.

was 2-1 ;)

I really should start reading my own posts someday....Everton Chelsea was actually 3-6 aswell! 

Boring PL season and a lack of quality. The TV money doesn't seem to bring a better product.

The best game I watched was by far Leverkusen-Wolfsburg 4-5. Bas Dost scored 4 for Wolfsburg.

Boring PL season and a lack of quality. The TV money doesn't seem to bring a better product.

The best game I watched was by far Leverkusen-Wolfsburg 4-5. Bas Dost scored 4 for Wolfsburg.

I knew there was a Bundesliga game I'd forgotten, I remember that one but the Wolfsburg-Bremen game I think a week or two later that ended something like 3-6 was a little more dramatic....probably as I won a bit of money from that. ;)

Wolfsburg beat Munich around that time aswell, they were great to watch for two months from coming back from the winter break.

• Like 2

As I've said I'd do this thread struggling to think of more than 3 and then suddenly another 5 good games will appear that I'd completely forgotten about...last 25 minutes of Leicester-Man. United were incredible I agree.

Other than the Villa 3 Everton 2 and the 2-1 against Liverpool. the Barcelona 3 Villa Real 2 was pretty good. The 5-5 in the div one playoff was crazy. Blues 0 Bournemouth 8 was pretty good. 

I knew there was a Bundesliga game I'd forgotten, I remember that one but the Wolfsburg-Bremen game I think a week or two later that ended something like 3-6 was a little more dramatic....probably as I won a bit of money from that. ;)

Wolfsburg beat Munich around that time aswell, they were great to watch for two months from coming back from the winter break.

Yes Wolfsburg were a great watch. I remember the 4-1 against Bayern. 

PSG 3-2 Barcelona

Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool x2 for different reasons

not a classic in football terms but Scotland vs Ireland had a great atmosphere which made it exciting

Villa v Liverpool?

Really?

Why not, a shock in a big game and I thought it was gripping from start to finish, I would've said the same from a neutral prospective. It was better than Reading Arsenal anyway.

Â