NFL Draft 2015 (April 30th - May 2)

Brumerican

I preferred Duke Johnson over TJ Yeldon so The Browns have done ok there, but why they have  not drafted a WR I will never know.  :wacko:

Edited by Brumerican

Traded up 22 spots to take a tackle. Just two round five comp picks left now. Gettleman said it wasn't a great draft so us trading away a lot of picks confirms that.

How did everyone think their draft went? 

Panthers had a bit of an odd one. Went in with nine picks and traded away four which is fair considering our GM thought the draft was shallow. But anyways, ended up with:

R1: Shaq Thompson, linebacker/safety hybrid - makes sense we played a helluva lot of nickel last year and helps when the other team is running a hurry up offense

R2 - Devin Funchess, a Kelvin Benjamin clone (not a bad thing)

R4 - Darryl Thompson, a huge tackle that'll probably play on the right side

R5 - David Mayo, an inside linebacker. Pretty weird pick tbh, we have depth there already

R5 - Cameron Artis-Payne, a between the tackle back, something we desperately needed because if Stewart were to get injured (again) then we'd struggle I think.

Be an interesting year anyway, think we're definitely in place to be in the play-offs again. Now to sort out Cam's contract. 

• Like 2

Now it's over I'm happy Kelly didn't give up everything for Mariota.

The Eagles took:

1 (20) - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
2 (47) - Eric Rowe, DB, Utah
3 (84) - Jordan Hicks, LB, Texas
6 (191) - JaCorey Shepherd, CB, Kansas
6 (196) - Randall Evans, CB, Kansas State
7 (237) - Brian Mihalik, DE, Boston College

Addressed positions that were needed. The more I see of Agholor the more I like the pick, he'll probably be starting. Three corner backs is a lot for one draft, but they all look like really good additions, especially Rowe who can play safety too. Hicks will be a decent pick if he stays healthy and Mihalik is a 6ft9 DE!!
  • Like 1

Round 1, Pick 31 (31) -- Jimmy Graham, TE -- 6'6, 260 (from New Orleans) -  :D 
Round 2, Pick 31 (63) -- Frank Clark, DE -- 6'3 271 Michigan - Interesting pick. Wouldn't have taken him in the 2nd but he's got talent. Without the character issues he's a 1st round talent.
Round 3, Pick 5 (69) -- Tyler Lockett, WR -- 5'10 182 Kansas St. - Oh boy did we need this. An actual WR/PR threat.
Round 4, Pick 31 (130) -- Terry Poole, OT/OG -- 6'5, 307 San Diego State - File as underwhelming depth
Round 4, Pick 35 (134) -- Mark Glowinski, OL -- 6'4, 307 West Virginia - See above
Round 5, Pick 34 (170) -- Tye Smith, CB, 6'0", 190 Towson - PC loves moulding low round CB picks into starters.
Round 6, Pick 31 (207) -- Marcus Burley, CB -- 5'10, 185 (from Indianapolis) - Played last year for us. Is average.
Round 6, Pick 33 (209) -- Obum Gwatcham, DE Oregon State 6'5, 245 - Interesting prospect. Converted to a DE in his senior year but apparently he's a bit of a freak athletically 
Round 6, Pick 38 (214) -- Kristjan Sololi, OG Buffalo 6'5, 290 - Practise squad.
Round 7, Pick 31 (248) -- Ryan Murphy, SAF Oregon State 6'3, 214 - Huge safety. Good depth to have.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

1 (9) - Ereck Flowers, T, Miami

2 (33) - Landon Collins, S, Alabama

3 (74) - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, USC

5 (144) - Mykkele Thompson, S, Texas

6 (186) - Geremy Davis, WR, Connecticut

7 (226) - Bobby Hart, G, Florida State 

Pretty happy. Flowers certainly wasn't my first choice, but looking at who else went after him I can't say I'd have preferred any of them over him really so that's fine. I like trading up for Collins in the second as it was a position of need. I wasn't crazy about Owa in the first or second as he was being mocked, but in the third round I really like the value there. I know nothing about the others.

• Like 3

Now it's over I'm happy Kelly didn't give up everything for Mariota.

The Eagles took:

1 (20) - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
2 (47) - Eric Rowe, DB, Utah
3 (84) - Jordan Hicks, LB, Texas
6 (191) - JaCorey Shepherd, CB, Kansas
6 (196) - Randall Evans, CB, Kansas State
7 (237) - Brian Mihalik, DE, Boston College

Addressed positions that were needed. The more I see of Agholor the more I like the pick, he'll probably be starting. Three corner backs is a lot for one draft, but they all look like really good additions, especially Rowe who can play safety too. Hicks will be a decent pick if he stays healthy and Mihalik is a 6ft9 DE!!

Definitely a good draft for you guys. Getting a receiver early, which you really needed. Then defense, defense, defense is never a bad thing. Can never have too much depth on that side of the ball.

Pretty pleased with ours. OL help and safety were the absolute necessities so I'm happy we went with those early. Quite a nice surprise to see us trade up too.

• Like 1

I'm well happy with our draft.

Perriman will step in and replace Torrey, possibly even upgrade the position. If he can sort out his drops (concentration) then we've got a huge playmaker in our hands, finally.

Maxx Williams in the second is a steal! I was so hyped when I saw him falling. Can't believe we grabbed him. Day 1 starter.

Carl Davis in the third, really? 2 players in 2 rounds that could be classed as 1st round prospects. Motivation and effort needs to be addressed, but on his day he will wreck your O-Line.

Round 1, Pick 3 (3) Dante Fowler, Jr. OLB 6'3" 261 Florida 6.8     Pick Analysis: "Fowler is the most gifted edge rusher in this draft class. He's not just a 228-pound edge guy, he's 261 pounds. He has a freaky first step and he also sets the physical edge against the run game." -- Mike Mayock  

Round 2, Pick 4 (36) T.J. Yeldon RB 6'1" 226 Alabama 5.7     Pick Analysis: "Remember when the Jaguars signed Toby Gerhart? He has not been the answer. The knock is Yeldon is his speed. But he plays through a lot of injuries, so he hasn't shown his true speed yet." -- Mike Mayock  

Round 3, Pick 3 (67) A.J. Cann OG 6'3" 313 South Carolina 5.7     Pick Analysis: "This kid can play center or guard. He can be an immediate starter. Ultimately, I think he kicks all the way inside and plays center." -- Mike Mayock  

Round 4, Pick 5 (104) (from Jets) James Sample SS 6'2" 209 Louisville 5.2     Pick Analysis: Sample is a great fit for Gus Bradley's Cover 3 defense. He's a physical box presence with excellent high to low explosiveness. A JUCO transfer who has just 1 year as a full time starter has a high ceiling in this defense. --Mark Dulgerian  

Round 5, Pick 3 (139) Rashad Greene WR 5'11" 182 Florida St. 5.5     Pick Analysis: As Jameis' go-to guy at Florida State, Greene was productive and proved to be clutch in some of the Seminoles' biggest games. He lacks the size/physicality to mix it up on the perimeter so he'll compete for a slot and return role with the Jaguars. --Mark Dulgerian  

Round 6, Pick 4 (180) Michael Bennett DT 6'2" 293 Ohio St. 5.9     Pick Analysis: Jacksonville lands one of Urban Meyer's most productive players later in the draft than many expected. He needs to become a more efficient player but he wins off the snap with his initial surge and quickness. Gus Bradley will have fun integrating him into the rotation. --Mark Dulgerian

Round 7, Pick 3 (220) Neal Sterling WR 6'4" 235 Monmouth (NJ) --     Pick Analysis: The Jaguars may be intrigued by his size and upside as a hybrid TE/WR. He's a classic 'tweener project that teams will take chances on this late. --Mark Dulgerian  

Round 7, Pick 12 (229) (from Jets through Texans and Browns) Ben Koyack TE 6'5" 255 Notre Dame 5.2     Pick Analysis: Jacksonville continues to add potential targets for their young quarterback in Ben Koyack. The tight end has NFL size and will convert contested catches in traffic. --Mark Dulgerian
Edited by Brumerican

Very happy with that draft. 6 of 8 picks are all offensive to help Bortles and the 2 Defensive players will improve us immediately. 

Drafting 2 more wideouts, whilst having a pretty good young receiving corps anyway, tells me that they have given up on Blackmon though.

• Like 1

LT La'el Collins (who was expected to go in the top 20 until the ex-girlfriend business) signs for the Cowboys. Bastards. Would've slotted straight in as a starter for us. 

Fowler out for the season. Ouch. Jags can't catch a break

It's not the end of the world. We shouldn't be relying on rookies to turn us around anyway. The Jags sure are snakebitten mind you.

Â