What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Tom Smith (Yep the Bloke from the Editors) - Bonny (Yep a cover of the Prefab Sprout Song)

its off the Independents Day ID08 compilation Album, an interesting concept, disk one is covers by established artists, Disk 2 is original material by up & coming artists recommended by the established artists / labels involved. Proceeds to charity and music related projects

Tom Smith (Yep the Bloke from the Editors) - Bonny (Yep a cover of the Prefab Sprout Song)

its off the Independents Day ID08 compilation Album, an interesting concept, disk one is covers by established artists, Disk 2 is original material by up & coming artists recommended by the established artists / labels involved. Proceeds to charity and music related projects

got hold of this song the other day, can't make my mind up about it.

You just made me go back to the original MF, I think its a great cover tbh

Bit like the full on Editors version of Lullaby by the Cure which I listen to regularly

they also did a cracking version of REM's Orange crush somewhere along the line

Aye it was also on Q Covered 86/06 a magazine cover disk (which is where I was in the CD library after realising it wasn't in my digital library and it needed to be)

So I've gone completely Cover version mad tonight

I've also played the Prodigy's version of Ghost Town by the Specials (which isnt as bad as it sounds) a few times (off the album I mentioned previously)

Garbages version of Butterfly Collector by the Jam which is a fine cover

and now I'm ripping the Q Covered album which if memory serves me correct also has Richard Hawley doing Some Candy Talking and Nick Cave doing Disco 2000

Oh yes and the Magic Numbers doing There is a light that never goes out

Cover version frenzy!

I like
Evan Dando does Neil Young while the TV interviewer tries to stop him not realising he's too out of it to care.

Ah but thats not as good as this one of Evans, from his band days in the Lemonheads - here he tries to prove a monkey has talent - Different Drum and here he proves even Suzanne Vega could write a tune - Luka

good covers band the Lemonheads, shame the stuff they wrote themselves was nowhere near as good (Mrs Robinson was wa*k tho)

good covers band the Lemonheads, shame the stuff they wrote themselves was nowhere near as good (Mrs Robinson was wa*k tho)

I still catch Evan once a year when he's around. Cracking covers band. Diff'rent Drum is on Favourite Spanish Dishes with some truly bizarre covers.

Â