Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

Now where is that petition ;)

Barcelona have confirmed that Javier Saviola is available for transfer as he is not in their plans for next season.

The Argentine spent last season on loan with French side Monaco, but they have not be able to secure him on a permanent basis.

Saviola wants to return to Camp Nou but sporting director Txiki Beguiristain says that he is not in Frank Rijkaard's plans for next season.

Barca are willing to let Saviola go out on loan again or on a permanent transfer, but admit that he will stay at Camp Nou if there are no takers.

"We have decided that Saviola is not in our plans for next season," said Beguiristain.

"But if he is still here on July 18 then he will continue being a Barcelona player.

"We are still in talks with the player and his representatives and with clubs who may be interested in him. But, at the end of the day, it is down to the player where he wants to spend next season.

"Saviola plays in the same place as Samuel Eto'o and Eto'o has just had a phenomenal season. Then we have Henrik Larsson who is a great forward and there is also Maxi [Lopez], who is a great option to have."

The situation is difficult because club president, Joan Laporta, promised Saviola that if he spent last season on loan at Monaco then he could return to play for Barca in the 2005-06 season.

But he now risks being ostracised from the club, like compatriots Juan Riquelme and Roberto Bonano in the past, for refusing to leave after Frank Rijkaard insisted that he does not want the former River star.

Beguiristain also moved to stop rumours that Leo Messi is a target for several clubs by insisting that the young Argentinian will move into the club's first team next season on a permanent basis.

Messi has been outstanding in the recent Fifa World Youth Championship, but was unhappy that he is still registered with Barca's B team.

Negotiations with the 18-year-old midfielder and his father have now taken place and he has been assured a place in the first-team squad for next term.

"Messi has already proven that he is ready to play for Barcelona," added Beguiristain.

"He will make the move up from the B team."

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that and it brings me back to my question about does o'leary or someone let the one's who need to know about this.

Obviously true cause of the quotes how will o'leary know about this unless they read sky etc.

Having Angel would be a bonus could help, come on Villa!!!!!!! Add some more pace?

Surprised we never bid for Konchesky

I'm not, although he would be competition for Samuel, I don't really rate him. I would much prefer Jagielka as I think he is extremely versatile and could make the step up.

I for one would like to see Whittingham tried at left back. He is too light weight for midfield but his style would suit us (provided he could tackle) as he is not slow, he can play the ball out of defence and could provide an over lap and whip in a few good crosses. He has played there for the U20's and U21's too.

Apparently Saviola is available on loan from Barcelona according to Spanish tabloids.

Several Spanish clubs are interessted, but Barcelona prefer to loan him out to a non-Spanish club.

Can anyone see Saviola as a possible replacement for Cole?

Apparently Saviola is available on loan from Barcelona according to Spanish tabloids.

Several Spanish clubs are interessted, but Barcelona prefer to loan him out to a non-Spanish club.

Can anyone see Saviola as a possible replacement for Cole?

I've just read that saviola is actually available on a FREE TRANSFER

sorry but anyone who wants Bellamy over him is stark raving mad

What about Oliver Bernard, he is a free agent, good attacking left back and midfielder could push samuel for a place. Saviola is way better than Bellamy and by the looks of things Bellamy is going to Everton any way.

sorry but anyone who wants Bellamy over him is stark raving mad

Or posting for effect ;)

Seriously though, there is absolutely no hope in hell that we will get Saviola. I don't think they even have the vision to TRY and get him never mind getting to the point of failing.

I don't think they even have the vision to TRY and get him

Me neither. Its all so sad... we really need some new blood in the club. Some Ranson blood with Ranson money and Ranson vision^^

He's attacking central midfielder with skill and vision. Occasionally very selfish. He has played winger in Finnish national team and has done well IMO even though he's not expectionally pacy one. But tricky and ambitious. First finn to really hit the tabloids. He has superstar attitude which i like. But he is also very capable of playing defensively. We may have a bunch of midfielders, but i'd love to have him in our squad.

Eremenko's still not a finished article but i like him.