Baseball 2014 Predictions and General Chat

maqroll

The long held consensus view is that starting pitching is more valuable than hitting in the postseason. Now Oakland has arguably the best rotation in the AL. And they gave up a guy that is only batting .240 on the year. They'll miss his power, but they'll be pleased to have Lester. It's a roll of the dice, but if anyone is good at making calculated gambles, it's Billy Beane.

• Like 1

Yasiel Puig or Mike Trout. Who will have had the better career in 10 years time.

Trout is the better player. Puig is arguably more exciting to watch, but Trout is a total beast. And to think he was compared to Bryce Harper when they first broke onto the scene  :D

Last season there was a lot of talk about the Red Sox going from "worst to first", how many teams have gone from "worst to first to worst"? :mellow:

I'm sure there are plenty. But it makes the accomplishment no less painful...

Yasiel Puig or Mike Trout. Who will have had the better career in 10 years time.

Trout is the better player. Puig is arguably more exciting to watch, but Trout is a total beast. And to think he was compared to Bryce Harper when they first broke onto the scene  :D

Poor judgement running the bases last night from Puig. Giving the Mets their first triple play for 4 years 

Poor judgement running the bases last night from Puig. Giving the Mets their first triple play for 4 years 

I remember that, I was in New York at the time and I believe Angel Pagan hit an inside-the-park home run and then could've had an unassisted triple-play in the same game! Ended up "just" being a triple-play.

Â