Baseball 2014 Predictions and General Chat

maqroll

Just a few more weeks until it starts to count. And the season starts in Australia of all places. History making stuff. Pretty cool, I hope they get a big turnout down there.

My predictions:

AL East- Boston

AL Central- Detroit

AL West-Texas

Wild Card- LAA

AL Champions: Texas

NL East- Atlanta

NL Central- Cinncy

NL West-San Fran

Wild Card-LAD

NL Champions: Cinncy

World Series Champions: Texas

AL East - Boston Red Sox

AL Central - Detroit Tigers

AL West - LA Angels

WC 1 - Texas Rangers

WC 2 - Tampa Bay Rays

AL Winners - Detroit Tigers

NL East - Atlanta Braves

NL Central - Cincinnati Reds

NL West - LA Dodgers

WC 1 - St Louis Cardinals

WC 2 - Washington Nationals

NL Winners - LA Dodgers

World Series winners - LA Dodgers

------------------------------------------------------------

AL MVP - Mike Trout

AL Cy Young - Yu Darvish

AL most improved team - Houston Astros

AL biggest disappointment - Oakland Athletics

NL MVP - Bryce Harper

NL Cy Young - Clayton Kershaw

NL most improved team - Arizona Diamondbacks

NL biggest disappointment - Pittsburgh Piates

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll probably get nothing right, as usual. :P

I forgot about the second wild card...for the AL, I'll go with a dark horse-Kansas City....NL- Arizona

The Dodgers have too many question marks for me. Can Kemp and Puig stay healthy? Can Hanley replicate his form from last year? Will Greinke stay healthy? 

I think the Pirates will put a scare into the Reds, but they'll fall apart again in Sept. They really need another top pitcher.

I forgot about the second wild card...for the AL, I'll go with a dark horse-Kansas City....NL- Arizona

The Dodgers have too many question marks for me. Can Kemp and Puig stay healthy? Can Hanley replicate his form from last year? Will Greinke stay healthy? 

I think the Pirates will put a scare into the Reds, but they'll fall apart again in Sept. They really need another top pitcher.

Agree there are question marks about the Dodgers - but surely health concerns are applicable to every single team? 

More concerning for me is the hole at 2B, the possibility of Uribe having a 2012 year rather than a 2013 year. 

Agree there are question marks about the Dodgers - but surely health concerns are applicable to every single team? 

More concerning for me is the hole at 2B, the possibility of Uribe having a 2012 year rather than a 2013 year. 

I think it's because Hanley and Kemp missed big parts of the season, so it's more of an issue if a player is injury prone.

Kemp seems to miss major chunks of seasons every other season. He hasn't actually strung together two all star type seasons. And he's only getting older. And Crawford is not gonna do much of anything. Which makes the deal we made with them all the more amazing that we pulled it off. That they couldn't see he was no longer the player he was in TB...

Ervin Santana to Atlanta, which they needed badly with Beachy and Medlen hurting. Good signing by them.

Kemp seems to miss major chunks of seasons every other season. He hasn't actually strung together two all star type seasons. And he's only getting older. And Crawford is not gonna do much of anything. Which makes the deal we made with them all the more amazing that we pulled it off. That they couldn't see he was no longer the player he was in TB...

Ervin Santana to Atlanta, which they needed badly with Beachy and Medlen hurting. Good signing by them.

Crawford's production (or lack of) could define our season. He says he was never confident on the base paths last year but that is no longer the case.

Crawford's production (or lack of) could define our season. He says he was never confident on the base paths last year but that is no longer the case.

It's Kemp I'd worry about. Even LA must know now that Crawford is at best good for 15HR's and 25 SB. Shane Victorino numbers.

It's a good film, the main point is Jackie Robinson dealing with racism, not just from opposition teams but from his own team mates and how his character and his abilities won them over.

• 2 weeks later...
Â