Baseball 2014 Predictions and General Chat

maqroll

Watched the Mets @ Yankees game from last night. Was very noisy for a baseball game and then I found out Mets fans had bought an entire section. More soccer style support and it made it far better IMO.

Bng7K01CAAAjQF4.jpg

Moved to the bullpen, but Farnsworth still got the save chance. I think it'll be Mejia's job soon though...

Jose Fernandez out for the year with Tommy John surgery. Total epidemic lately. This injury has to be traced to a specific arm motion that some of these pitchers use...why it hasn't been identified by now is    baffling. Huge investments being shut down for 12 months, and it just keeps happening. Mad.

Edited by maqroll

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the Red Sox playing so badly at the moment?

Our starting pitching is not good enough- Buchholz is a shadow of himself from last year, Peavy has been terrible, Lackey inconsistent...and then the lineup is simply not good enough either. Other than Ortiz, there is nobody else really doing well. Victorino has been on the DL most of the season, so that's hurt. Pedroia's production is down...Middlebrooks sucks when he's not out injured...the outfield is a joke. 

The only thing saving us is that the division in general is weak this year. If Baltimore had any decent pitchers, they'd be running away with it, but they never have good pitchers. 

I am convinced we'll make a run at Stanton. We'll send them Gomes, a handful of prospects and draft picks, and a briefcase full of cash. And they'll take the deal. Stanton at Fenway for the next 10 years will be immense.

Looked good his first time out, we'll see what happens tomorrow at Detroit. We need him to do a job for us, cuz Peavy is regressing big time, and other than Lester, it's a toss up every night.

Here's a bit of trivia for you guys:

How many states have at least 2 baseball clubs?

Extra credit if you name the states and clubs.

Edited by maqroll

Here's a bit of trivia for you guys:

How many states have at least 2 baseball clubs?

Extra credit if you name the states and clubs.

1. California : Dodgers, Angels, Giants, A's, Padres

2. Ohio: Indians, Reds

3. Illinois: Cubs, White Sox

4. New York: Yanks, Mets

5. Florida: Rays, Marlins

6. Texas: Rangers, Astros

I'd guess there are others but I give up.....

• Like 1

Â