Baseball 2014 Predictions and General Chat

maqroll

Just back from the Nationals Braves game. A 6-2 win for the Braves. Close until the 7th then the Braves hit a three run inning to break the game open. 

Nationals Park is my 6th major league stadium visited and this was the first time I've seen a road team win. The ballpark is very nice but the atmosphere wasn't brilliant. Even while it was close. I bottled wearing my Mets shirt though, although I did see shirts of other teams so maybe I would have been OK!!

• Like 1

Just back from the Nationals Braves game. A 6-2 win for the Braves. Close until the 7th then the Braves hit a three run inning to break the game open. 

Nationals Park is my 6th major league stadium visited and this was the first time I've seen a road team win. The ballpark is very nice but the atmosphere wasn't brilliant. Even while it was close. I bottled wearing my Mets shirt though, although I did see shirts of other teams so maybe I would have been OK!!

You'd have been fine. Washington fans are total noobs without a sufficient history of frustration and anxiety that would make them aggressive, let alone passionate.

You'd have been fine. Washington fans are total noobs without a sufficient history of frustration and anxiety that would make them aggressive, let alone passionate.

Oh there was little passion at all. I was quite surprised really. Definitely the worst atmosphere of all the games I have been to

Bunch of beltway beaurocrats who get comped tickets, the game is secondary to the palm squeezing. There are also probably some former Baltimore fans who lost all hope when Boston and NY had a chokehold on the division for so long, so they jumped ship when the Nationals started up again.

Edited by maqroll

• 2 weeks later...

79-83 is a slight improvement, tied for 2nd in the divison, 9 games out of the playoffs. I'll take it. No Harvey for the entire year, Wright had his worst season. Hopefully both of those will be back at a decent level next season and a trade for a big bat. No reason we can't improve by a few wins.

Â