ASTON VILLA

liongard82

Do you want Ellis to, publically, put the club on sale?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Ellis to, publically, put the club on sale?

• yes?
    • no?

Standing at St Andrews last Sunday, looking into the sky, as once more our great Aston Villa had been beaten by the blues, I thought ‘How can this happen, how did we get into a position where we cannot compete with blues over 90 minutes and only just compete with them over an entire season???’. The answer is simple, Birmingham City are a small club who think big and Aston Villa are a massive club who think small. Due to this, Birmingham City are now on a level playing field with Villa on the pitch and off the pitch, they have over taken us, buying the players the manager (Steve Bruce) wants and having the drive and ambition to take Blues forward. Birmingham City are now seen as the club going forward, while Villa are seen as the older statesman, going backwards.

Aston Villa are one of Europe’s truly great clubs and has a pedigree second to none. How much longer can we (as supporters) take this? I am sorry to disappoint all you supporters who believe we are fine and haven’t done too badly under Ellis, but we have lost our place as a big club and outside of the midlands we are a nothing club. If you agree with that (and it is difficult not to), how long are you going to accept that? Villa were not formed to be a nothing club going nowhere, we were formed to be the biggest club in the Midlands and to compete for the biggest honours in the game. Aston Villa was a special club, but under Ellis, that sparkle has been taken from us and now we are just ‘another club’. While some of you do not agree with VFC, you must agree that Doug Ellis has to leave Villa surly and that something has to be done to remove Ellis and his board from Villa Park?

We Villa supporter’s have to unite to fight and force Ellis to put the club up for sale and invite potential buyers to bid for the club, as under Ellis, we are going nowhere but down (or at best, sideways). As supporters we all want what’s best for Villa, and I am sure most supporters believe Ellis should go. Now we just have to come together and fight for the common goal.

For those of you who believe protests are useless, let me just say, they have worked before at Aston Villa (and other clubs) and can work again if we continue them properly and keep up the fight.

For those of you who believe protests affect the team, this season is now over for us (as it was after the Sheffield United game), they are competing for nothing, and we cannot affect them. Furthermore, this is for the greater good at Aston Villa and not just the present, I believe in the bigger picture of things it is for the benefit of the club in the long term to protest to remove Ellis and if it does affect the players, then so be it.

For those of you who believe structural change in the club would help, do you honestly believe Ellis will relinquish any of his powers to any other person? Bruce Langham, a man with great ability, has not even been allowed to do his job properly under Ellis. I think people who believe Ellis would ever relinquish any of his main roles in the club are naive.

The main point is Aston Villa will never compete with the big clubs again under the Ellis regime. How long can we put up with this? The answer is up to you.

Up the Villa!!! Ellis Out!!!

Matthew Lingard 8)

Top stuff mate ! I suppose now is the ideal tme to get Ellis. We wont get relegated & the only way ( I know of ) to get to Ellis is an empty stadium.

Many will say that this is just not fair on the players, but these are not stupid people they know what Ellis is doing. We have to get the balance right, we do not want the medicine to kill the patient so to speak.

We can't compete with Small Heath Alliance !!!! ......that my friends is the bottom line.

I am rapidly becomming depressed with the fan base of our club.

You see Mathew,

Too many are apathetic and accepting of mediocrity.

Too many have lost the true spirit of what it is to be a REAL football fan.

Too many are happy to sit back and accept what we are and not strive to be better.

Too many are content with the only excitment being the removal of yet another manager.

Too many are happy that Ellis has built a monument to himself and not ASTON VILLA

Too many have accepted that monument and been sucked in.

Doug Ellis has created a stale apathetic club built in his own image. That includes TOO MANY apathetic stale fans who have become Ellis clones. Pets often resemble their master.

Thats what comes of 23 years of total control

23 years. TOO MANY

Its always a tough one about a boycott because we as fans genuinly love the club and the reason we go to the matches is becuase we like to see them play. But as a fan who had a season ticket for me and my kids for a very long time, I chose not to invest in the club any more because of the way that Ellis continues to take money out and run the club in such a way that we find ourselves not able to compete with so many others. Trust me its a painful one especially that first match and probably you will still go to most of the matches, except that you will purchase tickets on the day or be a bit selective. It does that to you after a while, and until he goes or at least shows obvious signs of different business practices to those that will help us to compete, then I will continue my one-man protest. I think that others have done the same and even more will this summer.

The fact that as fans as passionate about teh club as ours and we cannot really muster any sort of consistant fan voice on the issue is a disgrace. Just look around on here and H&V and other web sites and once the VFC, or the Trust or whichever of the fans groups are mentioned, ego's and personal agendas arrive quicker and in as big a supply as ferry load of East European refugee's.

The club needs a new business direction to sustain growth, at the moment we are treading water while others around us have learnt to swim and are getting away from us (Note: Chelsea have a **** speed boat). Its not about the defeat on Sunday, this has been a sustained downward spiral in teh way the club is run. Expectations from the fans still remain high and the pressure on the management and the players continues to grow from season to season, eventually though it will all burst and then the only people having the "last laugh" will be people who dont give a shit about the club.

drat I have also reached the point where enough is enough and shall not be renewing my season ticket.

Its incredible to think the club seemed to be moving in the right direction at the end of last season only for Doug for the umpteenth time refuse the challenge of moving us on to the next level.

What has really happened is we have fallen backward and player who we might have got last summer are just pipe dreams now.

Things must change and quickly otherwise I firmly believe that Ellis will get us relegated.

Hallelujah! the whingers are deserting Villa Park

now maybe next season it'll be back to being full of passionate supporters who turn up and actually SUPPORT the frigging team

amen brother

now maybe next season it'll be back to being full of passionate supporters who turn up and actually SUPPORT the frigging team

amen brother

of course it will be Whip......

A Boycott would never work. Ellis would turn it against us and put less money into the team down to the fans not attending games. It will back fire.

The Only thing that keeps me going as a Villa fan is the fact that in 5-10 maybe 15 years time Ellis will not be around.

amen brother

then maybe when the team are carrying on the way they are through no fault of theirs or the managers, and results continue to slip, you may actually start supporting the club too....

but then again, we have had 23 years of the same old shite and STILL some of you cant work out the one basic factor behind it all....

Â