Fulham appoint Felix Magath as manager

The_Steve

It's a shame Berbatov has just left Fulham. By all accounts Magath seems like one of the toughest trainers in Europe. Players have been known to faint during his sessions. Berbatov is one of the laziest players in Europe. Would have been an interesting clash.

It's a shame Berbatov has just left Fulham. By all accounts Magath seems like one of the toughest trainers in Europe. Players have been known to faint during his sessions. Berbatov is one of the laziest players in Europe. Would have been an interesting clash.

I seriously wonder if this is why he was sold. The club possibly knew that hiring magary was a possibility and that wouldn't have worked with the berba.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26251769

Fulham have sacked former boss Rene Meulensteen and coaches Ray Wilkins and Alan Curbishley.

The Cottagers replaced Meulensteen as boss with Felix Magath on Friday but the Dutchman had said he remained under contract at the club.

The trio, who were only appointed in the past four months, leave along with coaches Mick Priest and Jonathan hill.

Edited by av1

• 1 month later...

Here is a google translation (with some of nye translations when Google makes no sense) of an article about Magath. It is his former player Jan Åge Fjørtoft who is talking about Magath:

Fjørtoft about Fulham manager: - Dictator? No, please, he is worse than that

He has both been called "Saddam" and "Europe's last dictator". Jan Åge Fjørtoft think Felix Magath's worse than that.

The former national team tip was Eintracht Frankfurt even with the rescue at the last minute with the current Fulham coach.
Now you Magath - who have taken ten points in eight games after he took over responsibility for Brede Hangeland and John Arne Riise - enough once to avoid relegation with a crisis-hit club.
Fjørtoft have a pretty special relationship with the hard-hitting German. He both like and dislike Magath methods.
- I have a satirical look at Magath. He joined Eintracht Frankfurt at some point in my career where I was experienced enough to look a little funny on the whole. He is tough, but I laughed at him all the time, says Fjørtoft VG.
- The former Eintracht Frankfurt striker Bachirou Salou has stated that Magath is "Europe's last dictator". Is he that bad?
- No, please, he is not that kind, responding Fjørtoft laughs.
And elaborates:
- Fulham players think they have it hard now. We can see what they say when they finish pre-season in the summer. The players are going to face something they've never seen before. I have never been so tired ever in both head and body after a summer of Felix Magath. One time we were at training camp in Portugal collapsed suddenly a player on my beach during a tough workout.

The right man
Earlier this winter met Fjørtoft one Fulham player (not Hangeland and Riise) in London. He did not deny that the transition from the other two managers the club has had this season, Martin Jol and Rene Meulensteen, was relatively severe.
- The player said he had followed what I had written about Magath on Twitter and thought I had overdone. But he concluded that Magath was even worse than I had described, tells Fjørtoft.
He believes the former German national team player is exactly right man for a Fulham who have conceded incredible 74 goals in 34 Premier League matches. Few people are better to squeeze out the last drop of a wounded animal than just Magath.
- If someone is going to save Fulham, so it Magath. He is totally uncompromising, says 47-year-old about the man who has previously been the savior of Stuttgart, Eintracht Frankfurt and Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga.

Pulled up Fjørtoft
- But he's not just fire extinguisher. Remember, he won the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg and "the double" with Bayern Munich two years in a row. He requires a lot back from players who earn very much. Once he suggested that a player not had delivered, should pay the club back money the times he played bad.I could held a half-hour long stand-up show just about Felix Magath.
- He runs the mind games like no other. One time he called in one of the stars of Bayern Munich office. He just looked at the player and drank tea in five minutes. So he asked the person to go, says Jan Åge Fjørtoft.
It seems that Magath also had a sense of the Norwegian. In an interview with the German magazine "11 Freunde" in 2011, he stated:
- Sometimes I feel like the only player who really understood my philosophy, Jan Åge Fjørtoft.
Saturday play Fulham away game against Tottenham. Four rounds before the end London-made two points behind Norwich at a safe place.
Edited by DeepDish

Â