Fulham appoint Felix Magath as manager

The_Steve

They need 5 points more than than the 17th placed team atm, by no way. Is that impossible

Still think they will go down though

Not impossible but if you alienate your squad then it makes it very hard to achieve.

Strange decision given that they held ManUre to a draw and narrowly lost to Plop in their last 2 games.

Edited by Robbie09

Don't get me wrong, they've lost 9 out of 12 I believe since sacking Jol, but surely the idea would have been to strengthen in January (which they have done) and go from there. 

As you say Robbie, their last 2 games they've done alright, surely it can't be the manager doing things wrong.

If it works out, then everyone will say it's a good deal for Fulham. However, sacking two managers in a few months is plain strange. I feel bad for Meulensteen, he is a really decent guy and his English is very welcome in this world of annoying accents. Wenger has been here for what, 20 years - and it sounds like he's been here for two months. Pathetic. Buy hey, I guess excellent spoken language doesn't appear on top of the list of attributes :) He should go back to being an assistant manager, he was quite good at that. Hope Fulham go down, hate it when idiots like Khan take over clubs just to have a plaything. 

Meulensteen might have been a decent guy but he couldn't manage a paper bag. Fulham sacked a experienced decent if somewhat plodding manager in Jol to go for  a guy who biggest appointment on his CV was 6 months with Brondby. 90% of all assistant managers fail miserably when they get the top job and Fulham have gone from poor to relegation fodder on his watch. This appointment might keep them up and give the owner millions of pounds so yeah It is worth the gamble I think. 

If it works out, then everyone will say it's a good deal for Fulham. However, sacking two managers in a few months is plain strange. I feel bad for Meulensteen, he is a really decent guy and his English is very welcome in this world of annoying accents. Wenger has been here for what, 20 years - and it sounds like he's been here for two months. Pathetic. Buy hey, I guess excellent spoken language doesn't appear on top of the list of attributes :) He should go back to being an assistant manager, he was quite good at that. Hope Fulham go down, hate it when idiots like Khan take over clubs just to have a plaything.

Meulensteen might have been a decent guy but he couldn't manage a paper bag. Fulham sacked a experienced decent if somewhat plodding manager in Jol to go for a guy who biggest appointment on his CV was 6 months with Brondby. 90% of all assistant managers fail miserably when they get the top job and Fulham have gone from poor to relegation fodder on his watch. This appointment might keep them up and give the owner millions of pounds so yeah It is worth the gamble I think.

Kevin MacDonald, les Reed, Sammy lee, Phil Brown, Paul Hart, terry Connor, Ricky Sbragia, Kevin Ball, Glenn Roeder - just a few 'assistant' managers who step in to full time jobs and fail, (Phil brown may have had success with hull but is now manager of Southend)

Meulensteen might have been a decent guy but he couldn't manage a paper bag. 

To be fair, paper bags are notoriously difficult to manage, especially if it's windy. Nightmare.... :)

How many teams have actually stayed up with 3 (full-time) managers in one season? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

Surprised they've done this as it seemed as though they'd begun to turn the corner, but I think the upheaval will throw them right back into the shit now, especially if Magath is as strict as is being suggested.

Can we get Muelensteen in as a coach please. Crap manager. Good coach.

Van Persie said he was the best coach he'd worked with. He probably doesn't want to go back to coaching though now he's had a taste of being in charge :P 

Edited by LondonLax

Â