Houseguests?

Xann

Don't have the room and never have.

My old man had a rather 'open house' policy for the briefish time that he was in possession of anything more than one bed digs though, apparently. Open house meant front door open and anyone could stay (though if undesirable they were ejected by the others).

I've never worried about people staying for a bit (my first night at Poly saw half the SU officers staying over - it was a bit of a surprise waking up in a new room let alone with a dozen irishmen collapsed in a drunken heap on the floor!) but I'm too set in my ways to live happily with myself without difficulty let alone with other people (most especially strangers).

Edit: If I had somewhere big enough so that guests could not impinge upon my inner world then there would be space for all and sundry. Unless you were (or were related to) politicians (some exceptions made).

Edited by snowychap

I once made a friend leave my house. Villa were losing to West Ham and all he could do was laugh so I think it was justified.

That proves you're not English.

An Englishman would allow them their little joke, politely entertain them and subsequently employ an Irish/Scots mercenary to lay waste to their progeny.

I once made a friend leave my house. Villa were losing to West Ham and all he could do was laugh so I think it was justified.

That proves you're not English.

An Englishman would allow them their little joke, politely entertain them and subsequently employ an Irish/Scots mercenary to lay waste to their progeny.

Yeah we English are far to polite to ask people to leave ... We'd usually be more subtle and stick a Ramones CD on so they'd leave of their own accord :P

This gag would usually be reserved for Queen , but heck we've had new developments tonight

Oi Less of the middle age .. I'm 43 and having just lobbed Connor MacLeod's head off I've still got another couple of hundred years ahead of me

You have a youthful aura anyway, Tony. If anyone makes a child abuse joke they must donate five pounds to a charity of their choice.

1st-Paul_Reynolds_The_Old_Rocker.jpg

• Like 2

Why didn't you just choose a single attractive female lodger which would make your present situation a bit more pleasant?

I did but she dropped out at the last minute.

We went through this in the relationship thread.

A stunning Portuguese air hostess came to see the room, wanted it, but dropped out at the last minute :(

Maybe she twigged you were posting pictures of her and talking about her on the internet :D

Last June we finally got rid of the stepson who moved back in after uni .

Two weeks ago my own son (22) moved in with us because my deranged ex wife threw him out.

I hate sharing my living space with anyone but the missus but really had no choice in this one.

Why didn't you just choose a single attractive female lodger which would make your present situation a bit more pleasant?

I did but she dropped out at the last minute.

We went through this in the relationship thread.

A stunning Portuguese air hostess came to see the room, wanted it, but dropped out at the last minute :(

Maybe she twigged you were posting pictures of her and talking about her on the internet :D
When you're that fit, you have to expect that sort of thing
  • Like 1

Â