Erdington it is...

StigVillan

I know this is a non-starter post really and it's a little arrogant to think anyone might give a rat's arse, but I'm excited, so screw it!!

Sealed the deal tonight for the new house... :D

Moving into a lovely place near Rookery Park in Erdington. We had been down to see it a few weeks back and loved the place.

It's about 5 streets away from the wife's parents and not far from Villa Park :flag: , so we're both delighted! 

Can't wait to come down and feel like a proper Brum!  :wave:

You've been fantastic to "meet" online and I've been humbled by the response. Can't wait to get down there and really begin to live the life!

Edited by StigVillan
  • Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen anybody so keen on becoming an adopted Brummie. 

Especially someone from the north east, which tends to breed fiercely loyal locals. 

And I'm someone who left Brum for Yorkshire at 18, never to move (permanently) back - although I absolutely still consider myself a Brummie and not a Yorkshireman. 

• Like 1

you see mooney this is why I don't fully believe that Stig is telling us the full story, either he is another forum member in disguise who is trying to pass himself off as a new member, or he is who he says he is but there is more to it, maybe he is some crazy **** up psycho murderer who is wanted by the police and he see's his only chance of escaping their clutches is to move to one of the most depraved area's he can be find...in this case he has chosen Erdington

and I must say I think he has made a pretty good choice

• Like 1

you wait until I bump into you...and we will bump into each other...it will happen

I will probably say sorry for not looking where I am going and continue my day being none the wiser that it was you that I bumped into

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT

just you wait

I'll be walking around with a stupid smile on my face, saying, "Hello there Birmingham resident. I too am a resident of this fine city. Though you may notice that definite northern twang in my accent. Please accept me as a Brummie. Please... Oh God please!!"

You'll notice me.

Flipping heck Hartlepool to Erdington! You do pick some wonderful places to live!  ;)

I actually did this move the other way around. Moved from Erdington to Darlington about 16 years ago. I love to go back and see my family and friends (oh and the Villa), but I don't think I'd ever move back!

• Like 1

The thought of leaving Erdington let alone Birmingham terrifies me, even though the place is a massive shit hole it is just home, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else

Yeah I used to feel like that. When my family first moved up here, I hung on for another 6 months, cus I didn't want to give up my season ticket, and thought no where could possibly match the wonders of 6 ways. I was wrong.

Â