Erdington it is...

StigVillan

I cant get the short links to work

http://www.suttoncoldfieldobserver.co.uk/BREAKING-arrested-double-stabbing-Stockland-Green/story-19984264-detail/story.html

BREAKING: Two arrested after double stabbing in Stockland Green in Erdington

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Follow  

By Helen Draycott

TWO people are this evening in hospital after a double stabbing in Erdington this afternoon (Thursday).

A man and a woman were attacked outside the Post Office in Stockland Green at around 3.30pm after police received reports of a fight on Slade Road.

1. 5420263.jpg

Police remain at the scene in Stockland Green following this afternoon's double stabbing.

Officers flooded the area and found a man and a woman with stab injuries. The pair believed to be in their late 20s - were taken to hospital by land ambulance with non life-threatening injuries.

Enquires quickly led officers to a nearby address where two local men were arrested and a knife seized.

One man, aged 38, was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

The other, aged 24, was arrested on suspicion of obstructing a police officer and possession of a weapon.

The men remain in police custody and will be questioned in due course.

The police investigation continues with further CCTV footage to be examined and even more witnesses to be spoken to as part of extensive house-to-house enquiries. Forensic scene investigators will also be supporting detectives.

Superintendent Rich Youds, from Birmingham police, said: "Events like this are rare in north Birmingham and an investigation has been launched by detectives from Force CID to understand what happened and what roles were played in the crime.

"At this time we believe that all of those involved in the incident were known to each other and we are not looking for anyone else in connection with assault.

"The events must have been very shocking for witnesses and that's why we have increased patrols in the area to reassure and speak to local people who may be worried by what has happened."

Slade Road remains closed this evening with drivers and pedestrians advised to avoid the area. Reservoir Road is also closed to traffic travelling from Stockland Green to Erdington, but is open to motorists coming into Stockland Green from Erdington.

Edited by leemond2008

http://www.suttoncoldfieldobserver.co.uk/BREAKING-arrested-double-stabbing-Stockland-Green/story-19984264-detail/story.html

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Follow  

By Helen Draycott

TWO people are this evening in hospital after a double stabbing in Erdington this afternoon (Thursday).

A man and a woman were attacked outside the Post Office in Stockland Green at around 3.30pm after police received reports of a fight on Slade Road.

1. 5420263.jpg

Police remain at the scene in Stockland Green following this afternoon's double stabbing.

Officers flooded the area and found a man and a woman with stab injuries. The pair believed to be in their late 20s - were taken to hospital by land ambulance with non life-threatening injuries.

Enquires quickly led officers to a nearby address where two local men were arrested and a knife seized.

The other, aged 24, was arrested on suspicion of obstructing a police officer and possession of a weapon.

The police investigation continues with further CCTV footage to be examined and even more witnesses to be spoken to as part of extensive house-to-house enquiries. Forensic scene investigators will also be supporting detectives.

Superintendent Rich Youds, from Birmingham police, said: "Events like this are rare in north Birmingham and an investigation has been launched by detectives from Force CID to understand what happened and what roles were played in the crime.

"At this time we believe that all of those involved in the incident were known to each other and we are not looking for anyone else in connection with assault.

"The events must have been very shocking for witnesses and that's why we have increased patrols in the area to reassure and speak to local people who may be worried by what has happened."

Slade Road remains closed this evening with drivers and pedestrians advised to avoid the area. Reservoir Road is also closed to traffic travelling from Stockland Green to Erdington, but is open to motorists coming into Stockland Green from Erdington.

Ah Stocko, now we're talking! My old stomping ground. First (underage) pint brought in The Stockland (now an all you can eat Chinese buffet), while on my lunch break from school. A change from school to my old man's tie, and a pint of Brew XI in the bag, with no questions asked. Happy times.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 Follow

By Helen Draycott

• 5420263.jpg

4742774-promo.jpg

Vacancies

View details

Ah Stocko, now we're talking! My old stomping ground. First (underage) pint brought in The Stockland (now an all you can eat Chinese buffet), while on my lunch break from school. A change from school to my old man's tie, and a pint of Brew XI in the bag, with no questions asked. Happy times.

'Twas my first (underage) pint as well though it isn't an all you can eat Chinese buffet these days, it shut down a few weeks ago, rumours are that they are going to turn it into another pub

Â