Humble deals

villarule123

Natural Selection 2 is currently my favourite game, and has been easily for the past 6 months.

It's an FPS (or first person biter if you're an alien) with a bit of RTS built in - you have marines versus aliens, and 1 player on each team plays the commander. Not the Battlefield bullshit commander mode, they are playing a proper RTS where they expand, build your structures, research upgrades and give orders to the rest of the team.

Teamwork is absolutely erssential, if you try and act as a lone-wolf, you just die, no chance in hell you're taking down a base independently, and there's no convenient hiding spots for snipers to hide. There are also no RPG elements that have infested all modern FPS games, you don't get rewards for playing longer. There are upgrades but only what your team earns in each individual game.

Well worth it for that price.

Edited by Davkaus

• 5 weeks later...

Another fantastic Humble Jumbo Bundle

Pay what you want:

Natural Selection 2

Sanctum 2

Magicka with "Vietnam" and "Dungeons and Daemons" DLC.

Beat the average (around $4.24) to get :

Orcs Must Die!

Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack

Sanctum: Collection

Garry’s Mod,

Cities in Motion 2

Serious Sam 3: BFE!

:o

Edited by packoman

I'd wait a while. There's a good game in the concept, but I found that I ran out of things to do after just 4-5 hours in to a game. There's a lot of work left to do on it, I'd recommend waiting until it's closer to release.

GOG has loads of stuff for sale at the moment, Witcher 2 for $4.99, Monkey Island $5.24, Theme Hospital $1.99, System Shock 2 $1.99, FTL $4.99, Fahrenheit $2.99 err...yeah and hundreds and hundreds of other stuff besides.

Plus Humble Bundles have Gone Home for $4.99 and Awesomenauts for $3.33 amongst others as part of their sales. Gone Home was, what? £8 in the stream sale? That seems positively extortionate now!

• 5 weeks later...

Not a good deal really. Arma was good for its time, butr I'd never replay it now. You're paying $6 for an aging Arma II (plus Day Z...which is a free mod anyway), which is still an ok game, but most players seem to have moved on to Arma III already.

I kind of miss the old Humble Bundles when it was very exciting every time they launched. Now they have a new one every week and 2 running side by side constantly, they're having to pad them out with a lot of shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we use this thread to share deals on games from various places? Or do we need a need one?

Europa Universalis IV is 75% off at Bundle Stars for another 20 or so hours. You can also get most of the DLCs cheap (not the newest one though)

Link

Also, FM14 if half price on Steam, but I guess that's still kind of expensive.

Edited by tarjei

• 3 months later...
Some really good games today:

Dear Esther
Capsized
Awesomenauts
Thomas Was Alone
Little Inferno

Beat $3.61 to unlock:

Hotline Miami
Proteus
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers