AndyClarke

Was up all night (apart from one hour snooze) doing some writing, so had time to sit and tinker. Finished 6th in that season and so went to look what others are saying and built a tactic with the advice, went for very defensive full backs who track everything, a midfielder to cover the back four, two mids - one to win the ball and one box to box and then two wide wingers who stretch the opponents full backs and get to the byline to cross. I also play a target man.

So far I am still leaking a few odd goals where the opposition seem to run past me, but I now have two great wingers which destroy them and my target man who wasn't prolific has scored 15 in 15 so far as I near the end of the season (long night!).

I also came to the conclusion there is definitely a problem with the ME and the issues we are having. You can bet as soon as they sort it out, this tactic will become useless! Hopefully I can just switch back to my original.

I've gone for the opposite. Extremely attacking fullbacks in a 4411 tactic. The fullbacks cut inside while the wingers run wide.

It works as long as I have wingers as M R/L and not AM L/R. Flat wingers makes a huge difference as they track back whereas advanced wingers don't at all, and I've found they are just as effective as advanced wingers.

Goal difference in the league so far is 77-17 in 32 games. Most of the goals I concede are from set pieces.

Here's the tactic if anyone wants to try it.
C0p7rtz.jpg

Player instructions
Fullbacks: Dribble more, Run inside with ball
DLP: Dribble more

For the wingers I would recommend having a left footer on the left side and and a right footer on right side. And don't use anyone with 'shoot from distance' PPM in an advanced position.

I would recommend using counter/balance if you're expected to loose.

Jees, how many years are you in there? Two of the best young centre backs in the game there i'm not surprised you dont concede much..i think the crossing and set peices thing is a me bug though or atleast i hope so, basically any cross, long throw or corner ends up in a goal or a really good chance.

I'm coming to the end of the fourth season. Most of those players I signed on the cheap as their contracts were expiring, or they were not in first team plans.

Doria was £2.3m and Balanta £3.6m. I've already had offers above £35m for both.

My only big outlay was Bakkali for £12m, but I signed a Brazilian winger called Vitinho for £600k and sold him a year later for £20m and used that money to get Bakkali. I've retrained him to MR and he has been fantastic there.

Â