The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

Land of Hope and glory is a European song. It's English clubs versus everyone else and I think that is where I differ from a lot of football supporters.

When it comes to europe I am country not club. I wanted United to win the champions league not because they were just british but because they played awesome football in the tournament. barcelona are overrated and people basically masturbate about how good they are. They are good but United are better. I might get lambasted for it but I would rather an English club win the champions league than a foreign club.

Jerusalem is a goodun, most people know it and for a big home game we are winning it should be belted out. I also think we need european chants that are sung only at european games. That is achieved by the lyrics. I have one which would work really well and it's 100% original both in lyrics and the tune I have written it to.

Cannot wait for european matches because the atmosphere is going to be mentally awesome!

When it comes to europe I am country not club. I wanted United to win the champions league not because they were just british but because they played awesome football in the tournament.

Bollocks to that, i want every other English club to lose in Europe. I even cheer on teams like Bayern Munich against Man Utd

The more british clubs that win in europe the better the teams become, the better the premiership becomes and ultimately we become better. The very fact that our top 4 are in the top 10 in europe results in us playing better teams which means when we go into european championships we are more likely to beat the opposition because we are playing better teams week in week out.

How many chants do we have in reserve for european games?

Last night showed we definitely need some new songs

'Theres only one James Milner'

'Theres only one Gareth Barry' (i still refuse to sing his name anyway)

'Theres only one Randy Lerner'

'Ashley Young, Ashley Young....'

Inventive eh. There were plenty of songs suggested for Milner and Young on here and other boards yet nobody sings them. Can we please change Young's song and come up with one for Milner?

I watched it on Setanta, and noticed the lack of new songs. I think we need to get the people on here that are posting new songs and get together. I might see if I can get to an away game on the buses. Blackcountry what games are you going away to?

Unfortunately I am not a season ticket holder and even with booking history not sure I have got enough to get tickets for the likes of Arsenal and Man United. Only went 5 times last season.

there's some great chants on here loving the ashley young to the mickey mouse tune how hasnt that got started yet!! just for abit of fun today Ive come up with some random chants cant imagine them ever being sung but what do you think (sorry if they've been done before):

to the tune of beatles ob la di ob la da:

we bought him from watford we didnt know what to think

now he plays for villa every week

o'neil turned him into a superstar

now ashleys running down the wing

down the left, down the right, ashley yooouuuunnnng

come on ashley lets score a goal

etc

and one to be sung away from home to the tune of if i knew you were coming id of baked a cake:

if you had martin laursen, you'd have sold those seats, sold those seats, sold those seats

if you had martin laursen, you'd have sold those seats, now the villa are marching into town (or like the villa do every week)

if you had gareth barry, you'd have sold those seats, sold those seats, sold those seats

if you had gareth barry, you'd have sold those seats, now the villa are marching into town (or like the villa do every week)

carry on with other players names that fit

second one is pretty good, could be a chant that goes on for ages. Would need to know which player is coming up next otherwise you get sections of the crowd singing different names lol.

alphabetical starting lineup perhaps?

I want my european chant to get going. its bloody awesome, my mate who is a COV fan even admited that!

Twenty siix years ago

we won the cu-u-up in rotterdam

From Istanbul we wil return

With silverwar-are-are in our hands

WE ALL GOIN ON A EUROPEAN TOUR, A EUROPEAN TOUR, A EUROPEAN TOUR

That is class, one of the best new songs i've seen. This HAS to be sung. Spread the word folks

How about a song for Curtis Davies? He's going to get a lot of stick on Sunday so it would be good to have a song to sing for him, and not 'theres only one Curtis Davies'

'Theres only one Curtis Davies

One Curtis Davies

He played for Albion they're shite

But now he's alright

Walkin in a Davies wonderland'

I like this one - we need something that's strong and not a copy of another premiership side.

The song is "We love you, we follow" it would work well with Sydney substituted for Villa

this chant is very stong, loud and can be repeated for ages!

heres the link..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4UEn973sI0k&feature=related.

the lyrics would be..

'we love you

we love you

we love you

and where you play

we follow

we follow

we follow

cos we all follow

villa

villa

villa

and thats the way we like it

we like it

we like it

uhohoho'

and its unique..no other teams sing it..apart from sydney of course..

thoughts?

Time for my six monthly bump of this song... If I had enough money for a season ticket I'd be in the Holte every week trying to get this going. It would be amazing to hear the whole Holte singing it and no other premiership side is doing so... Someone please get this going...

Whilst I've been in Sydney i've been popping along to the occasional Sydney FC game, although the atmospihere is pretty poor they are really trying and there is one song that I reckon would sound good when I return to the Holte next seaon....

We Love, We Follow #1

We Love, We Follow #2

The song is "We love you, we follow" it would work well with Sydney substituted for Villa, I know as i sing villa under my breath at matches. Don't recall hearing any other prem teams singing it, although I could be wrong.

Here's my original...

I think it may have been suggested before but as he doesn't get many chants suggested for him I think chanting Nigel Reo-Coker's name to the tune of Seven Nation Army would work very well.

It would be good, I think to " Message in a Bottle " would be better and possibly more original, but then I thought the 7 nation one was when I posted it :P

The Police - Message In A Bottle

I hope that someone gets it,

Nigel Reo Coker,

Nigel Reo Coker,

Â