Maghaberry and so forth

b23avfc

So I was in the city centre yesterday and saw the march for the Maghaberry prisoners etc...

Who knows, who cares, who has an opinion on this? Nobody seemed to mind as it went through town (Birmingham City Centre for the outsiders). But of course, I'm sure the reaction would be different in other places. I'll be honest I didn't know much about HMP Maghaberry in N.Ireland. 

So I was in the city centre yesterday and saw the march for the Maghaberry prisoners etc...

Yeah. Internment. Today. Of course.

More importantly the drill was appalling, they should be ashamed of mincing around town like such a rabble.

If you didnt like it take it up with the council who would have had to give permission for it to go ahead 

I didn't say I didn't like it. I didn't give my opinion at all :S

Edited by b23avfc

I don't get it.  I didn't say a word. I asked who has an opinion? who cares about it? who doesn't? I just asked what people thought about it.

If the topic touches a raw nerve then fire away and tell us. Sound. But don't take it out on me man

Need to ease up there man .....I just commented thats it ...why would you assume the reaction would be different anywhere else ..all I said was if you didnt like it ...the march or whatever ..and you may have or you may not have or you couldn't care ...you can take it up with the powers at be ...to if you wanted see more of them ..see less or just not care ...and thats about that is that ok

And you know how england is, lack of tolerance and partial opinions. That's why I said some people might not like it. Believe it or not I was well versed by my dad when I was younger on a lot of the bad stuff england did to ireland. Heck I'm actually an irish citizen believe it or not. So no way am I saying I didn't agree with it. I said people here in some places might not. 

But I didn't say I didn't like it!!!!!

I had if at the start of my sentence 

Anyway look b23 avfc ....I didn't mean for my post to cause offence I'm not trying to be a dick if I caused offence with it I apologise 

But I didn't say I didn't like it!!!!!

I had if at the start of my sentence 

Anyway look b23 avfc ....I didn't mean for my post to cause offence I'm not trying to be a dick if I caused offence with it I apologise 

No worries man, I just read it as you meant it direct to me. Fair play to ya :)

• Like 1

Presume it has something to do with dissident Republican paramilitary prisoners being held in the prison who are/were on a dirty protest last year. A quick google reveals this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-17288794

Didn't realise these kind of protests happened in Brum, you'd see them alright in Irish towns and cities like Dublin, Belfast & Glasgow  ;)

And you know how england is, lack of tolerance

I'd say England is about the most tolerant place on the planet , we even allow Scots to win trophies for us

• Like 1

Presume it has something to do with dissident Republican paramilitary prisoners being held in the prison who are/were on a dirty protest last year. A quick google reveals this:

Didn't realise these kind of protests happened in Brum, you'd see them alright in Irish towns and cities like Dublin, Belfast & Glasgow  ;)

That's about the story I think. Brum has a large irish contingent so and of course is a uk city so they probably thought that's a good place to raise awareness. Did the job from what I saw! 

Edited by b23avfc

That's about the story I think. Brum has a large irish contingent so and of course is a uk city so they probably thought that's a good place to raise awareness. Did the job from what I saw! 

So, convicted terrorists are pissed off about being strip searched in jail? Cry me a f**king river.

"They're living in their own waste at this present time."

Seems quite fitting really, but if it's a problem try using the khazi, you filthy animals.

Edited by Awol

Â