Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Well with Spurs' reported interest maybe the situation with Sneijder will heat up over the next few days and there will be some sort of activity.

Could go the wrong way though. :(

It could, but id like to think not! :D

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we losing battles?

Jagielka has choosen Everton before Wigan and Villa because he would like to play in Europe.

Jag to Everton

Today it also is suggested that we are on the way of losing the battle for Sneijder...

Maybe MON has had a very sad month by losing out on several targets already?

Chimbonda-Dawson-King-Bale

Hughes-Mellberg-Laursen-Bouma

If that's the current first 4 defenders at the present time i'd take

Chimbonda-Mellberg-King-Bouma.

Seems pretty balanced at the minute if you ask me but i'd like to look again as soon as we get a right back in.

They are reportedly preparing to lose Chimbonda, and I'd say our first choice right backis Delaney, not Hughes.

Laursen is also a million times better than Ledley King.

He is better yes...but also more fragile...

Are we losing battles?

Jagielka has choosen Everton before Wigan and Villa because he would like to play in Europe.

Have we made a bid for Jagielka?

Who have we missed out on so far?

As far as I can tell, we've made one bid - for Nigel Reo-Coker. And he wants to join us as soon as we can get the fee agreed.

Or maybe MON wasn't interested in Jagielka or the other half of dozen players we have been linked with?

Anyone else worried at the moment???

NRC deal seems to be dragging on , though remain hopeful he will come to us by weekend or after U21's.

Sneijder may well be off to Spurs.............why? they have 27 midfielders already!!!!

Spurs really annoy me!!!

And now WHU (they are another club i dislike) are trying to gazump us for Bellamy! Get lost Egghead....

We don't want to gazumped with our targets all the time, otherwise we could end up with none of our intended purchases at VP. Come on MON and Randy get to it and get those quality players to VP as quickly as possible!

Are we losing battles?

Jag to Everton

Today it also is suggested that we are on the way of losing the battle for Sneijder...

Jagielka came through the Everton youth system; perhaps that means something?

It has been suggested that we are losing the battle for Sneijder? We don’t know we are in for him? Or does the Wikipedia entry really tell the truth; that he was spotted at Villa Park and we have offered money and Barry Bannan?

Lets be honest; we really don’t know the facts on the majority of this speculation. All I know is that we are in a better position than last year. We have money. We have a decent squad and we will sign some players. Of those I don’t know the names, and I suspect most of us are still in for some shocks.

I hardly think that missing out on Jags is going to ruin our season?

Are we losing battles?

Jag to Everton

when were we ever after jagielka?was this the same day we enquired about nakamura but didn`t?

Think a little bit wider than that...

We have been strongly linked with:

Jagielka

Reo-Coker

Sneijder

Bellamy

I do think that these rumours are more than just rumours...

Other rumours that pop up for one day and then fade is another thing, but these players has been rumoured to Villa for quite a while now.

no they are exactly rumours and only that becuase we have heard nothing official about any of them except the reo coker one.If o`neill wouldnt have rubbished the nakamura link it would still be going on now just like the rest of these so called strong links.

We have been strongly linked with:

Jagielka

Reo-Coker

Sneijder

Bellamy

I do think that these rumours are more than just rumours...

Because it has been printed in more than one newspaper? As we have seen dozens of times on this thread, if somebody prints something then another paper will then print the same. It doesn't mean anything.

Do you have any quotes from agents, players or managers to link us to anybody apart from Reo-Coker?

Tricella, the strength of a rumour can sometimes be tied in with the desire of the fans to sign that player. For example a rumour to sign an allegedly world-class 22 year old 2-footed goal-scoring midfielder might make the fans keep that rumour alive for no reason other than that they want it to happen - whereas the rumour of sniffing around WBA's Robinson died on it's arse because the fans daren't talk about it.

Just a thought.

It is hard not to worry when other clubs seem to be making progress but i doubt we're doing nothing, i'm sure MON and Randy are working hard.

We wont get every player we go after especially if other clubs are after but i'm sure/hope we will have a pretty high success rate.

Its different from other summers. Baggie Bill hasn't got Doug feeding him all the rumours and VP is tight as a drum!

Tricella, the strength of a rumour can sometimes be tied in with the desire of the fans to sign that player. For example a rumour to sign an allegedly world-class 22 year old 2-footed goal-scoring midfielder might make the fans keep that rumour alive for no reason other than that they want it to happen - whereas the rumour of sniffing around WBA's Robinson died on it's arse because the fans daren't talk about it.

Just a thought.

Good point.

Edited for clarity.

Signing Sneijder would be punching above our weight in the transfer market purely because we can't offer European football - we have the other necessary factors so it isnt entirely out of the question, but if we came up against a club who could offer him UEFA cup or Champs League then I doubt we would get him.

McCann expected to sign for Bolton today, subject to a medical, for a fee that could rise to £2m, according to the Express & Star.

Four years decent service and our money back now we've got bigger fish to fry? Yes please.