Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I know I'm a bit late with this but I can't believe people getting excited with Nakamura. :shock: Ah well, if we buy him etc. But still... :?I think I have to reduce my hopes for new signings this summer. Not that I really thought we'd get Sneijder but if Nakamura is a first choice then I think Koumas could be seen as a quality signing, and if Koumas is that, well, nice to be a mid-table team next season too. I know this is a rant, and maybe a harsh one at that, but if you guys think that Nakamura and Koumas are the players to take us up to the CL you're a bit deluded, me thinks. Yes, Nakamura has played in the CL. For Celtic. A team that has no competition in their league and gets directly to the last qualifying round. Maybe had a decent game against Man Utd, but that's not really proving anything. What proves quality is when you're playing consistantly good against good opposition week in, week out. Not having a good game in one big game, and then be fairly good against shite teams. The midfield isn't where we should buy back-up players in the age of 28-29. There we should either get hot prospects with loads of talents, as NRC, or proven players that are better than what we already have. We should IMPROVE, not back up. See what I mean? So I really hope that this Nakamura-rumour is only just that. I really do. I'd say that the SPL is not better than the swedish Allsvenskan and I wouldn't want any of the more experienced top players from there. Hot prospects if there are any, yes, not any of the more expereinced players cause they're experienced at a lower and worse league, not PL-standard.

Ok, rant over. Now, did I hear someone say Sneijder? ;)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are missing the point, O'Neill has his plan a, b, c and d. Whether Sneijder is in that plan, only O'Neill knows, and we are just guessing. But if O'Neill wants him, he will get him. As far as Nakamura signing, I think he might be a plan b behind Wright-Phillips. I am so confident that O'Neill will get the players he wants and can do a job for us. I can't wait!

I know I'm a bit late with this but I can't believe people getting excited with Nakamura. :shock: Ah well, if we buy him etc. But still... :?I think I have to reduce my hopes for new signings this summer. Not that I really thought we'd get Sneijder but if Nakamura is a first choice then I think Koumas could be seen as a quality signing, and if Koumas is that, well, nice to be a mid-table team next season too. I know this is a rant, and maybe a harsh one at that, but if you guys think that Nakamura and Koumas are the players to take us up to the CL you're a bit deluded, me thinks. Yes, Nakamura has played in the CL. For Celtic. A team that has no competition in their league and gets directly to the last qualifying round. Maybe had a decent game against Man Utd, but that's not really proving anything. What proves quality is when you're playing consistantly good against good opposition week in, week out. Not having a good game in one big game, and then be fairly good against shite teams. The midfield isn't where we should buy back-up players in the age of 28-29. There we should either get hot prospects with loads of talents, as NRC, or proven players that are better than what we already have. We should IMPROVE, not back up. See what I mean? So I really hope that this Nakamura-rumour is only just that. I really do. I'd say that the SPL is not better than the swedish Allsvenskan and I wouldn't want any of the more experienced top players from there. Hot prospects if there are any, yes, not any of the more expereinced players cause they're experienced at a lower and worse league, not PL-standard.

Ok, rant over. Now, did I hear someone say Sneijder? ;)

You rant needs paragraphs. And stop taking random transfer links (good or bad)as gospel.

cant see us filling the squad with champions league quality players this summer..

im praying we get Sneijder, but more realistically we will be counting on the NRC, Koumas, Defoe type players this summer...

then next summer, after breaking the top six, we can invest again, and will find it alot easier recruiting from that posiiton than from a mid table spot...

then once we hit top four, we can really bring in top class.....

thats why we were told it was a 4 year plan (or was it five). Cant see it all happening this summer tbh...

Today's Independent links us with Sneijder again:

Clicky

Aston Villa yesterday bid £7m for West Ham's Nigel Reo-Coker - and are considering linking him in midfield with the Dutch international Wesley Sneijder, who remains keen to leave Ajax although he wants to move to a team in the Champions League.

Another stumbling block with Sneijder could be the transfer fee, with Ajax apparently wanting €15m (£10.2m) for the 22-year-old who broke into their first-team five years ago. Villa have been trailing Sneijder for some time with manager Martin O'Neill having watched him play in the recent Dutch Cup final.

Ajax have already rejected a series of bids from Valencia which peaked at €12m (£8.1m). Indeed, Ajax have said they would rather see Sneijder leave for free when his contract expires in two years time than sell now for less than they want.

If Villa bought Sneijder and Reo-Coker it would eat up a sizeable chunk of O'Neill's transfer budget as he embarks on a major rebuilding programme ahead of next season. O'Neill, who is considering a move for West Bromwich full-back Paul Robinson, is also hoping to land Craig Bellamy from Liverpool - but only if the prohibitive £12m asking price for the Welsh striker is significantly lowered. Cash could be raised through the sales of Steven Davis, who is wanted by Fulham, and Luke Moore, who has one year left on his contract and who has been linked with Middlesbrough.

Reo-Coker, who joined West Ham for £500,000 in 2004, has also attracted interest from Tottenham Hotspur. But they are unlikely to match Villa's offer even if West Ham are hoping for at least £8m for their 23-year-old captain who handed in a transfer request after a turbulent season claiming he was no longer wanted at Upton Park. The England Under-21 international is understood to be enthusiastic about the prospect of moving to Villa.

I'm going to stick my nexk out and say that after NRC our next signing will either be a defender or midfielder and at this stage I am leaning towards it being a defender

Daily Mail rehashing the Sneijder story, nothing new just sounds exciting though. All down to Baggie Bill! :angry:

Premiership Rumour Mill: Villa plan £15m swoop for Reo-Coker and Sneijder

Aston Villa are planning a £15million double swoop for West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker and Ajax winger Wesley Sneijder.

Martin O'Neill is backed by cash from American owner Randy Lerner and has made a £7million bid for Hammers captain Reo-Coker and is willing to pay £8million to sign Sneijder after being alerted that his move to Valencia has collapsed.

Clicky...

Daily Mail rehashing the Sneijder story, nothing new just sounds exciting though. All down to Baggie Bill! :angry:

Aston Villa are planning a £15million double swoop for West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker and Ajax winger Wesley Sneijder.

Martin O'Neill is backed by cash from American owner Randy Lerner and has made a £7million bid for Hammers captain Reo-Coker and is willing to pay £8million to sign Sneijder after being alerted that his move to Valencia has collapsed.

Clicky...

What a load of crap. My favourite bit is this

willing to pay £8million to sign Sneijder after being alerted that his move to Valencia has collapsed.

Yes and it collapsed why ???? Oh yes, because Valencia would only offer £8m when Ajax want £10m :roll:

Well as long as we don't compromise and end up going for Routledge who has just said he wants to quit Spurs for regular football :shock:

I wont even mention Harewood :lol:

Clicky...

willing to pay £8million to sign Sneijder after being alerted that his move to Valencia has collapsed.

Yes and it collapsed why ???? Oh yes, because Valencia would only offer £8m when Ajax want £10m :roll:

I was just about to say exactly the same thing

Clicky...

I was just about to say exactly the same thing

Well, I've read a few different sums. I actually thought it was 10m euros they wanted for him. Probably wrong. I get a bit excited, but at the same time I'm not. Don't think it'll happen but just hope it will.