Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grauniad Fiver's rumours section yesterday says:

And Ipswich could get 25% of a big fat nothing as their sell-on clause

prices Spurs out of a move for Charlton's GBP20m Darren Bent.

Dunno if that's been posted as this thread is masseev. Nb Graun Fiver's rumour mill also recently included "Gareth Barry to Sunderland", so carrier bag full of salt there maybe.

If Gareth Barry moves to Sunderland i would personally slap him with a wet fish. Is this the same Barry that admits his love for Villa, captains the team and signed a new 4 year deal not that long ago?

It's about that time of the month where I make my David Nugent suggestion.

I don't get the Nugent clamour. whenever i've watched Preston he looks just average

Koumas looks a lot better in that league yet no one seems to want him

is it because the press have told us that Nugent is the real deal ?

I don't get the Nugent clamour. whenever i've watched Preston he looks just average

Koumas looks a lot better in that league yet no one seems to want him

is it because the press have told us that Nugent is the real deal ?

agree with that

Nugent is way over rated.

I think part of the problem is he is a young English striker, and they always get hyped up in the press (unless they play for Villa)

West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker is closer to becoming an Aston Villa player after the clubs held talks over the weekend. (Daily Express)

West Brom midfielder Jason Koumas has claimed Aston Villa are interested in signing him but he will make no decision on his future for a fortnight. (Daily Mirror)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill says injury-hit defender Martin Laursen will be given a new deal - if he proves his fitness. (Daily Mail)

on bbc gossip column.

So not much new going on today then!

Michael Kightly's name keeps on cropping up. Is he any good?

He has made the step up from the conference to the Championship and been a revelation for Wolves.

But my understanding fo the situation is that he will not be signing for us as he wants at least one more season at Wolves to see how things pan out after the takeover.

kightley is a different situation to Koumas because age. It isnt the championship that is the issue it is the fact that at 28 Koumas is playing at his full potential and there are better players out there than, wheras kightley is 21 with potential to become a star.