Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lot make me laugh at times. Some cack article comes out belittling Villa again who couldnt possibly compete with Newcastle and West Ham and you swallow it up with relish.

We will get our targets or as near as damn it and ONLY those in the know know who they are.

West Ham have so far signed NOBODY despite being linked to every single player going. Reports say they've got Parker well so what?

They spunked money away in January because they were desperate and they are still desperate. Newcastle have a shambles of a squad to sort out. Whose position do you want to be in? No doubt in my mind.

if we are in for him i reckon we are waiting to see what Valencia decide on doing.

I dont think we are, it doesn't fit with our midfield plans imo especially if we sign NRC.

Sniedjer can play across the whole midfield so i disagree with that notion, if we sign both hom and Reo-coker i imagine he'll play left side and drift in like Pires used to do at Arsenal.

But i dont think MON wants another midfielder like that though, for the wings he wants wingers thats why Barry was moved in as he is not a winger.

Going after Taylor and already signing Young lends itself to this.

Sneijger is a similar player to Barry in the way that he is a creative midfielder not a winger, but can still play there.

Sneijger (as you call him :) ) would be signed to replace Davis. Reo-Coker to replace McCann. I don't think signing one would have any effect on a potential deal for the other one.

if we are in for him i reckon we are waiting to see what Valencia decide on doing.

I dont think we are, it doesn't fit with our midfield plans imo especially if we sign NRC.

Sniedjer can play across the whole midfield so i disagree with that notion, if we sign both hom and Reo-coker i imagine he'll play left side and drift in like Pires used to do at Arsenal.

But i dont think MON wants another midfielder like that though, for the wings he wants wingers thats why Barry was moved in as he is not a winger.

Going after Taylor and already signing Young lends itself to this.

Sneijger is a similar player to Barry in the way that he is a creative midfielder not a winger, but can still play there.

So you think Mon would prefer Taylor to Sneidjer?, i don't think so, he'll get the best players he can possibley get, Sniedjer also has some decent pace too so playing out wide should be fine for him, what i noticed towards the end of the season was our players moving all around the pitch, Ashley would go from left to right, Gardner would be in the center then pop up on the right!!, so it doesn't mean Sneidjer would be confined to the left hand side.

Sneijger (as you call him :) ) would be signed to replace Davis. Reo-Coker to replace McCann. I don't think signing one would have any effect on a potential deal for the other one.

Yeah yeah everyone knows i am scit at spelling ;)

You could have a point there, if thats the case then is Koumas a backup for Sneijder to replace Davis. So if we we're interested expressed an interest and told its a no go, then onto Koumas hmmm.

Also i doubt Petrov will be benched so will Sneijder, i doubt it...Koumas it is then!

If you think Barton and Parker have rejected us without even speaking you are an idiot.

I could see Parker rejecting us if the rumours of him wanting to go back to London are true, but Barton rejecting us?! No chance.

The reason we are not in for them, if we aren't is because MON has someone else lined up, who he feels will be better acquisitions for AVFC than Joey Barton or Scott Parker. It won't be because they rejected us. Not a chance!

If you think Barton and Parker have rejected us without even speaking you are an idiot.

I could see Parker rejecting us if the rumours of him wanting to go back to London are true, but Barton rejecting us?! No chance.

The reason we are not in for them, if we aren't is because MON has someone else lined up, who he feels will be better acquisitions for AVFC than Joey Barton or Scott Parker. It won't be because they rejected us. Not a chance!

Completely agree.

It was after all, from football365.

So you think Mon would prefer Taylor to Sneidjer?, i don't think so, he'll get the best players he can possibley get, Sniedjer also has some decent pace too so playing out wide should be fine for him, what i noticed towards the end of the season was our players moving all around the pitch, Ashley would go from left to right, Gardner would be in the center then pop up on the right!!, so it doesn't mean Sneidjer would be confined to the left hand side.

I think he would prefer him in that position yes, i just think he wants actual wingers, whilst i dont think Sneidjer is he is similar to Barry as in a side midfielder not a winger.

someone needs to get their head out of their bottom

Why is it so hard to believe they might have rejected us?

Parker wants to move back to London, and West Ham are offering out silly wages to anyone who wants them

From a neutral view, Newcastle are in the same boat as us, but maybe Barton would enjoy playing infront of 50 thousand every week, rather than infront of 30 thousand one week and 40 another, maybe he would like to supply the assists to Englands best striker?

who knows?

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that players might want to join West Ham or Newcastle over us, Maybe they would prefer to come here and player under MON

no one is saying any different, just that its been reported they have rejected us which puts seeds of doubt in people minds, which is natural, unless you are completely deluded of course.

And considering people are believing some random internet kid's who are pretending to be 'in the know' that we are signing Fred etc

then its not too far fetched to have a seed of doubt that a popular website that reports whats in the newspapers could have some truth in it.

Im with Jas on this, i dnt believe they have rejected us, look at Willie McKay hes still telling everyone his release fee is 5.5million. We want Reo Coker, who i potentially believe is better than both of them.

Im with Jas on this, i dnt believe they have rejected us, look at Willie McKay hes still telling everyone his release fee is 5.5million. We want Reo Coker, who i potentially believe is better than both of them.

no one's said that the reports of them rejecting us are true, i'm just saying it's not that far fetched that they could have rejected us for Newcastle of West Ham

West Ham and Newcastle are signing the obvious. I think we have better and less predictable signings on the way.

I agree with this.

It also lends itself to people going who! He must be cack ;) let me get on FM and You Tube that will sell it for me :lol:

I think he would prefer him in that position yes, i just think he wants actual wingers, whilst i dont think Sneidjer is he is similar to Barry as in a side midfielder not a winger.

I don't think he's the same as Barry, Sniedjer is an all out attacking midfielder, Barry is a converted defender who played left back for a number of games last season, Taylor is not the fastest of players and also started as a Left back, Sneidjer is better than both Barry and Taylor and thus i personally think he'd be mad to choose Taylor over him even if he wants to play with two "wingers" which hasn't even been confirmed yet.

I don't think he's the same as Barry, Sniedjer is an all out attacking midfielder, Barry is a converted defender who played left back for a number of games last season, Taylor is not the fastest of players and also started as a Left back, Sneidjer is better than both Barry and Taylor and thus i personally think he'd be mad to choose Taylor over him even if he wants to play with two "wingers" which hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Oh i know it hasn't been confirmed its just what i think, MON has usually always played 4-4-2 with wingers and a big man though.

But i also think we have been knocked back for Sneidjer anyway, with the player wanting to go elsewhere, hence the rumours of Taylor and Kouma.