Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant believe some people wouldnt be happy is koumas signed, he is a cracking footballer, and roca he did shine when he played in the prem, i remember every single commentator saying how he was much too good for west brom...

he would be a great rotation / cover player and is alot better than steven davis (even the season before lasts steven davis)...

£6 mill is a tiny bit steep, £4-5 mill and weve got a bargain...a big step up from our usual squad type players....

we still really need a right back though, and i think that position will be filled with our first signing as its our top priority..

Wes Wants out

Villa boss Martin O'Neill is a fan of the 22-year-old Holland international and watched him in the Dutch Cup final against AZ Alkmaar, while Spurs chief Martin Jol is also an admirer of his countryman.

But Spanish side Valencia remain the favourites for his signature and have already had two bids for the player turned down by Ajax.

Sneijder is under contract at the Dutch club until June 2009 and technical director Martin van Geel said on Sunday he wants to keep him in Amsterdam.

But Sneijder appears determined to move on and insists he wants to be at another club by the start of next season.

"Officially, I have heard nothing about it yet, but the last words have yet to be spoken about this," Sneijder said. "The only way to break with Ajax is by kicking up a riot. But that's not who I am."

He added: "This is the moment for a transfer.

"I have been playing in the first team at Ajax for five years. And Ajax doesn't want to let me walk out for free in two years' time?"

So Sneijder has been linked in the Mail, Sun, Guardian and Teamtalk now. Interesting!

They say MON watched him in Ajax's games with AZ also so i presume he was at the game. Id love it if we signed Sneijder.

this will explain why we want Koumas

CELTIC are in danger of having their bid to sign Jason Koumas hijacked - by former Parkhead manager Martin O'Neill.

The Aston Villa boss has made the West Brom midfielder his next signing target.

And Koumas has revealed that he is to have discussions with Baggies boss Tony Mowbray and chairman Jeremy Pearce about a £6million move to Villa Park.

Bankrolled by American billionaire Randy Lerner, O'Neill is expected to be a big player in this summer's transfer window.

advertisementAnd the asking price placed on Koumas, plus the personal demands of the 27-year-old Welshman, would prove no hurdle to brokering a deal.

Although they have had Koumas on their wanted list for several months, Celtic - appreciating they can't compete with Premiership clubs when it comes to top wages - have been prepared to sit back and adopt a wait-and-see approach.

They would be ready to step in if it looked like the player, who has made it clear he does not want to remain at West Brom after they failed to win a place in the Premiership through last week's play-off final defeat to Derby at Wembley, did not receive the kind of offer he anticipates to step up to the English top flight.

West Brom will have to offload some of their top earners as they regroup and attempt to mount another promotion push for next season.

But Koumas looks like commanding top dollar from Villa or Everton, Sunderland or Blackburn, who are all close on his trail.

because Celtic want him too!

yawn. He will got to Valencia. This thread goes round in circles. Not having a go at you for posting the article Roca its just that the same stuff keeps cropping up

I'm not sure Spoony. There are some internal wrangles at Valencia at the moment between Carbone and Flores which could hinder the signing of Schneider.

yawn. He will got to Valencia. This thread goes round in circles. Not having a go at you for posting the article Roca its just that the same stuff keeps cropping up

I'm not sure Spoony. There are some internal wrangles at Valencia at the moment between Carbone and Flores which could hinder the signing of Schneider.

What about Sneijder though?! :D

If Martin Jol signs another talented midfielder i would like us to have, only to add to the 300 he has already got...i will walk all the way to his house and kick him in the nuts!!! :angry:
If he does sign him then give him one for me to JV, Sneijder would be a dream signing for Villa, the guy can score goals as well as link up a midfield.

What about Sneijder though?! :D

And him :D

So Sneijder has been linked in the Mail, Sun, Guardian and Teamtalk now. Interesting!

They say MON watched him in Ajax's games with AZ also so i presume he was at the game. Id love it if we signed Sneijder.

I hear MON's on holiday at the moment. Does anyone know if it's anywhere in Europe where he might also be spying on potential signings?

But of course, holiday is holiday.

By adding Koumas and Reo-Coker to our squad we wil have improved significantly from last season.

Even if they replace Davis and McCann then I think there is visibly more depth with those two present. Throw in Sneijder as an instant first tem player and the midfield is sorted.

Then that gives MON plenty of time to focus on the defense.