Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Even if you dont agree with me on this boys...there is no need to this abuse and disrespectful way to react on what I write.

kkr: Try and be a little bit polite if you know what that means...I havent said anything bad about you or what you think about yada yada...still you seem to judge me on a few posts.

YES! I have concerns about Aston Villa FC...just like anybody else...

YES! I trust MON and Lerner to get this right...but does that mean I cant say anything about what comes to my mind on occasions? Is the signings Villa make enough to take us forward or are we going to be on par with every other club fighting for Europe?

YES! I envy other clubs that has done quality signings and improve their squad because there will be harder competition next season.

YES! We are behind and we need to close down the gap...the question is...do we all think it is possible?

If you cant understand what I am talking about and what I mean then please dont make any answer to my posts because all you do is to try and make fun of me, disrespect me and humiliate my intelligence. I know what you all feel and I dont panic because we havent signed anyone yet...contrary on what you all might think...I do however show my concern about what other clubs do and what quality they bring on. This is a competetive game and if you lose ground to the ones who is your closest enemy you are bound to lose.

Please try and discuss this in a good manner because there is no need to sarcastic or anything else just because I would like to have a serious discussion while we are waiting for our new signings.

I am not afraid to speak my mind like some people on here seem to be.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that...but if its going to be Bramble I dont want a signing this summer at all

Right lets get one thing straight. We are not signing Bramble. It was first suggested on an internet message board, a tongue-in-cheek comment if you will.

And some people have gone on to beleive it!

:lol:

If thats the case I'll add this in:

'MON wants to bring a Brazilian flavour to AVFC. This will be by signins Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ronaldo and Cafu. The theme will be completed by him insisting all supporters wear 'brazilians' to make the new signings feel more welcome'

:?

So will people stop pancking about Bramble, we aren't going to sign him FFS!

Thanks for telling me now ahamaad, I've just shaved mine off!

On another note...A top European football club and the winners of Premier League has said that they most probably have done their signings for this summer. Well...it is only Man U...we dont need to follow their lead because a club like Man U dont know much. :winkold:

:lol: How ever does Manchester United do it?!?! They're constantly attracting world class talents to the club- MON could learn a thing or two from Sir Alex. :winkold:

Man Utd = biggest club in the world.

Even if you dont agree with me on this boys...there is no need to this abuse and disrespectful way to react on what I write.

kkr: Try and be a little bit polite if you know what that means...I havent said anything bad about you or what you think about yada yada...still you seem to judge me on a few posts.

YES! I trust MON and Lerner to get this right...but does that mean I cant say anything about what comes to my mind on occasions? Is the signings Villa make enough to take us forward or are we going to be on par with every other club fighting for Europe?

YES! I envy other clubs that has done quality signings and improve their squad because there will be harder competition next season.

YES! We are behind and we need to close down the gap...the question is...do we all think it is possible?

If you cant understand what I am talking about and what I mean then please dont make any answer to my posts because all you do is to try and make fun of me, disrespect me and humiliate my intelligence. I know what you all feel and I dont panic because we havent signed anyone yet...contrary on what you all might think...I do however show my concern about what other clubs do and what quality they bring on. This is a competetive game and if you lose ground to the ones who is your closest enemy you are bound to lose.

Please try and discuss this in a good manner because there is no need to sarcastic or anything else just because I would like to have a serious discussion while we are waiting for our new signings.

Respect tricella, keep the faith it's going to be a great summer.

On another note...A top European football club and the winners of Premier League has said that they most probably have done their signings for this summer. Well...it is only Man U...we dont need to follow their lead because a club like Man U dont know much. :winkold:

:lol: How ever does Manchester United do it?!?! They're constantly attracting world class talents to the club- MON could learn a thing or two from Sir Alex. :winkold:

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sorry, let me say it without the sarcasm. Manchester United have the luxury of being able to pick whomever they want in the transfer market so I don't think the comparison is a fair one. Martin O'Neill has to sell players that his club has the potential to be as successful as Manchester United. Sir Alex just has to point to their trophy room.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

For those who didnt understand that...I can explain...I was ironic...I should´ve added a smiley...and you should too.

Notable:

Adj. 1. ironic - humorously sarcastic or mocking; "dry humor"; "an ironic remark often conveys an intended meaning obliquely"; "an ironic novel"; "an ironical smile"; "with a wry Scottish wit"

wry, dry, ironical

humorous, humourous - full of or characterized by humor; "humorous stories"; "humorous cartoons"; "in a humorous vein"

2. ironic - characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is; "madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker"; "it was ironical that the well-planned scheme failed so completely"

ironical

incongruous - lacking in harmony or compatibility or appropriateness; "a plan incongruous with reason"; "incongruous behavior"; "a joke that was incongruous with polite conversation"

tricella, chill.

We have until August 31st 2007 11.59pm.

After that if you aren't happy, feel free to crucify the board, we'll let you say whatever you want about them (within reason :winkold: )

Sorry, let me say it without the sarcasm. Manchester United have the luxury of being able to pick whomever they want in the transfer market so I don't think the comparison is a fair one. Martin O'Neill has to sell players that his club has the potential to be as successful as Manchester United. Sir Alex just has to point to their trophy room.

I know it isnt a fair comparison. It wasnt a true comparison either in that manner...it was more like wishful thinking...and ironic.

Yes...I know Man U is the biggest club in the world. Isnt that just why we should try and learn from them?

tricella, chill.

After that if you aren't happy, feel free to crucify the board, we'll let you say whatever you want about them (within reason :winkold: )

Chill? Why? Because some people cant handle my thoughts?

I will never crucify the board of Aston Villa FC with Lerner and co! I havent done that...that is not my point at all. I am very happy with Lerner and co...and MON. Please read what I write...it is not that I slam Villa.

Other clubs have their own agenda and transfer plans. So far none of these have had any impact on the Villa because we haven't been in for any of the players that have been sold far.

In the grand scale of things about 1% of transfer activity this summer has passed, why do you feel the need to worry about players we arent interested in, before the transfer window has opened and before we can say with any certainty who we are targeting in the transfer market? Take into account also the fact that there is 92 days and 1hour of until the transfer window is locked!!

I understand that your a pessimistic person who worries to much and accept that point of view and your concern, but to me it is laughable, you just have to accept that opinion and move on.

tricella, chill.

Chill? Why? Because some people cant handle my thoughts?

I will never crucify the board of Aston Villa FC with Lerner and co! I havent done that...that is not my point at all. I am very happy with Lerner and co...and MON. Please read what I write...it is not that I slam Villa.

We are all in this together tricella, some of us just have different ways of getting our points accross. You make valid points but then perhaps antagonise some posters by inviting confrontation. Ahamaad is right, we should all chill because it's going to be a long hot summer.

Is it possible the mods could consider implementing some guidelines for this thread? It's becoming increasingly difficult to wade through with very little in the way of genuine tranfer rumours, speculation or suggestions.

Also could there perhaps be a "Tranfer window Success O Meter thread"? Perhaps without such a wank title, but you get the idea....4 more months of this thread in it's current format doesnt exactly fill me with joy! :)

Sorry, but there were two words I didn't think I would ever seen mentioned in connection with the new 'Bright Future' Villa - and they come as no suprise as being;

Titus and Bramble.

It is not even funny.

Chill out it is some loser making stuff up, there is no connection between us and him on any football forum or news site, its a non-starter. Some random person on the wind-up that's all, laughing at all the people panicking and going mad about it.

Excuse me, but I'm not having that. I do not care for making up BS rumours for kicks, that's not my style.

I decided, against my better judgment, to share some information that I was told today. If you dont like it then tough shit! I do not have to justify myself or my source' credibility to you or anyone else.

Lesson learned I certainly wont share anything further and fwiw I would be gobsmacked if we sign him, but if MON wants him then so be it.

I understand that your a pessimistic person who worries to much and accept that point of view and your concern, but to me it is laughable, you just have to accept that opinion and move on.

This shows what kind of boy you are... :lol: You are quite laughable...to me...

I give up...there is no use spending time trying to explain things to people that dont want to understand.

This shows what kind of boy you are... :lol: You are quite laughable...to me...

Ok, like i said move on.

Well when there is a sold link to someone the separate threads will appear as far as im aware.

Yeah i'm aware of that one kkr. I just feel (and i dont think i'm alone here) that this thread has drifted really quite far from it's intended purpose. While I appreciate it's easier to moderate as it keeps all the transfer related bickering etc in one fecking huge thread, it is also nearly impossible to use for the intended discussion.