Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should say that, Bent is in Apres in Mere Green right now, and no I didn't speak to him.

Isn't he in Hoar Cross Hall with Defoe?

Nope. In January I passed on what I was told re Defoe and I'm just doing the same now

If Totus Bramble is to be one of our first summer signings, I do not think he will be announced on his own. I think it will be alongside another player, possibly two.

Actually i tend to differ from this view. I think there may be one foreign signing but the majority will be British based players.

How do I know this? Well , I have done some investigating. I have some inside info from a very reliable and respected source. Now i know there is paper talk and it is silly season and the majority of names have already been stated in the paper........I mean for gods sake we have already seen Villa linked with 45 players (OS).

So, Villa are definitely working hard to get their targets in. They are not going to be fleeced and Martin O'Neill has an idea of the value of each player he is after.

Bellamy is a definite target, now where this £10-£12 million comes from is beyond me..........I believe this transfer is down to Liverpool and what they want to do. If they insist on that price, then O'Neill will look elsewhere as Villa are conscious about being ripped off by Liverpool again (aka Collymore and Baros). But this one is definitely in the melting pot.

Also O'Neill wants a new No. 1 GK, right back, centre half, Left mid, centre mid (as well as one striker).

There is some interest in NRC, but as yet we don't know how far this goes............and contact has been made about Barton.

Schneider is a target as well but not for the £10 million that Valencia may well pay for him. O'Neill does not rate him in that bracket and thinks there is better value elsewhere.

So RELAX people. We will get good signings in, and this time won't be fleeced on the price.

Once again a new person pops up during the transfer window and tells us about new signings and how they are in the know. Sorry dude, what you are saying here is exactly what I could have told you, and I am not in the know.

C'mon, lads. Do you really think a club that signed the likes of Young,Carew and Petrov and talks of getting into europe... is all of a sudden going to start sniffing around the likes of Bramble????

If we are I think I will ask Villa to reimburse me for my season ticket

I usually hear the odd thing but I havent heard much lately. There is so many new staff at VP now that its hard to find anything out. Everything is very hush hush at the moment.

I think a few deals have already been tied up though. There are still a hell of a lot of people on holidays. Players, managers and agents included. Plus, nothing official can really be announced yet as the window isnt open. For all we know, ALL our targets could be tied up already.

I usually hear the odd thing but I havent heard much lately. There is so many new staff at VP now that its hard to find anything out. Everything is very hush hush at the moment.

I think a few deals have already been tied up though. There are still a hell of a lot of people on holidays. Players, managers and agents included. Plus, nothing official can really be announced yet as the window isnt open. For all we know, ALL our targets could be tied up already.

A bit of bondage to pass the time until July 1st eh Mazrim.

So you were told Bent is in Mere Green. You didn't actually see him yourself?

A few of the lads in my office went over there for lunch and they saw him. They are dirty noses and came back going mad about it. Obviously I knew i'd get abused for posting it but....bovvered.

A bit of bondage to pass the time until July 1st eh Mazrim.

It cant hurt.

Oh wait....it does.

Plus, nothing official can really be announced yet as the window isnt open

Maz most of what you say is credible, however the window has not stopped other announcements

A few of the lads in my office went over there for lunch and they saw him. They are dirty noses and came back going mad about it. Obviously I knew i'd get abused for posting it but....bovvered.

I'm not abusing you. I just wanted to know if you saw him or somebody else did.

Plus, nothing official can really be announced yet as the window isnt open

Maz most of what you say is credible, however the window has not stopped other announcements

What announcements though? Are we talking paper talk or what? For instance, have Man Utd officially announced that they've signed those two players or have they leaked it to the press in anticipation of announcing it tomorrow or is it just bullshit?

Its hard to tell. Its all smoke and mirrors and enigmas wrapped in a mystery with an outer shell of subterfuge. :lol:

I'm not abusing you. I just wanted to know if you saw him or somebody else did.

I'm abusing you. You know nothing. You embarrassed yourself in January - don't do it again now.

I thought Darren Bent has gone on holiday and is not even considering his future until he returns, do you think his holiday would involve a visit to Apres in Mere Green?

If Totus Bramble is to be one of our first summer signings, I do not think he will be announced on his own. I think it will be alongside another player, possibly two.

I can imagine the press conference.

MON: "Esteemed members of the press, fans, board members. I would like to welcome our two new signings, Klaas Jan Huntelaar and Ronaldinho. Oh and by the way, we got Titus Shambles too. That will be all."

MON beats a hasty exit from the press conference leaving everyone stunned and bemused as Shambles trips over the table and spills his water.

Can't really see it happening, can you?

I thought Darren Bent has gone on holiday and is not even considering his future until he returns, do you think his holiday would involve a visit to Apres in Mere Green?

Maybe he's on holiday with Gabby? Both of their phones are switched off, or bad reception?

:winkold: