Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I think we have just signed NRC.

According to whom?

er..... is this just a guess or inside info???

Nope its just a guess, or a hunch, call it what you like.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we can not aim for 2nd best.

there is no reason why a player should pick portsmouth WHU or newcastle above us

Well, there is.

The player in question might have been brought up in London and wants to move back to London (see Scott Parker possibly going to West Ham).

A player might see a club signing a lot of African players and feel that he would settle in better alongside the likes of Mwaruwari, Lauren, Kanu et al (see Sulley Muntari at Portsmouth.)

A player might have a fetish for fat, sweaty, unemployed people and want to join Newcastle.

Making a decision like this would be complicated for most people, and there a lot of factors involved in making a decision.

West Ham are very close for a deal on Scott Parker, forking off late interest from Tottenham. They just got

themselves a very good midfielder. Problem is that if we don't sign better players than they do we are just

going to be one in the fold next season, we could end up 6th but might as well end up 11th again. I see United

have signed Anderson and Nani in deals worth 30M all together. I am not saying we could have grabbed them

I just think we should go abroad and take some risks on "the best players" in some of the leagues. Look at

United whom have bought Evra and Vidic in recent years, players we could have easily gotten if we had just

been there before them. I do not know anything about MON's style of transfers, but my feeling is that he likes

it British and no fuzz players. That is dangerous because you might end up with nothing; but we can only wait

and see.

West Ham are very close for a deal on Scott Parker, forking off late interest from Tottenham. They just got

themselves a very good midfielder. Problem is that if we don't sign better players than they do we are just

going to be one in the fold next season, we could end up 6th but might as well end up 11th again. I see United

have signed Anderson and Nani in deals worth 30M all together. I am not saying we could have grabbed them

I just think we should go abroad and take some risks on "the best players" in some of the leagues. Look at

United whom have bought Evra and Vidic in recent years, players we could have easily gotten if we had just

been there before them. I do not know anything about MON's style of transfers, but my feeling is that he likes

it British and no fuzz players. That is dangerous because you might end up with nothing; but we can only wait

and see.

:roll:

I am flabbergasted that, after the goings on in January we are still looking at other clubs early deals, comparing them to ours at this stage (when the window isn't open) and panicking.

RL, wouldn't mention any possible targets, you are certain to be told you are living in cloud cukoo land!!

Or in 6 months get told you said so and so would sign and you were wrong!

i would rather MON lay the foundations and secure a couple of english based "very gettable" players first......

and then go after some "less gettable" foreigners.....

than go all out on a wild goose chase for massive talents.....

which may not come to fruition.....

leaving us with nothing

and see.

:roll:

I am flabbergasted that, after the goings on in January we are still looking at other clubs early deals, comparing them to ours at this stage (when the window isn't open) and panicking.

Hardly.

I am just voicing my concerns that a rival club are signing a very good player we could have taken easily. If Spurs sign Darren Bent I would say the same thing (only with 10 times more feeling in it of course). For the central midfield position I have listed a few targets myself and Parker was high on the list. People are saying Newcastle have been looking at Joey Barton to take over for Parker but you don't have to be a rocket scientist knowing that it's not Barton but Kevin Nolan who is going to go there. The TEAMtalk reporter obviously isn't a rocket scientist.

I am not saying we should aim for second best, far from it! I am also not saying we should sign so and so......just suggesting possible players we could look at in conjunction with the top players we are looking to get in.

All i am trying to say is, we should have plans for every eventuality.

Yes i agree that we are just as big and as good a club as WHU and Newcastle...if not a smidge better IMHO.

However, some players like the lure of London.......for some reason, even if they join a spawny club like the Spammers.

And others go on about the Geordies being a massive club.

I think we have more to offer than most clubs who don't have european football. but then the majority of footballers are not renowned for going for footballing reasons...more their pay packet......ie Sidwell at Chelsea to potentially be a bench warmer......

I think the majority of players i suggested and listed would be very good players for Villa.....

I agree Zat Knight and Tonge would be squad players and I, like all of you, hope that we do buy some top top class players.....

And of better quality than Knight or Tonge.....

I think world class players and us signing them, may be a few years away yet though.

I do think we may get a couple of real stunning signings though. I trust Martin O'Neill and Randy to do the business!

:D

Oh I remember the day we signed David Ginola, my favorite signing by far!

I think our first target should be Darren Bent and I would be pissed off if MON didn't even want him.

He is English, a proven goalscorer and born awesome. 14M? Easily worth it

I am just voicing my concerns that a rival club are signing a very good player we could have taken easily.

How could we have Parker have been 'taken easily'?

All the reports say that he is only leaving because he wants to move back to London.

sorry but m.o.n is not trying to sign anyone good he has not been scouting around europe for the last six months and is definatly not interested in improving the team he isnt interested in the slightest about spending 30-40 million on players we need and is away getting pissed up with his mates in miami on mr lerners dollars.