Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that him and his agent screwed Leeds Utd over with his transfer from Leeds to Liverpool?

dont no what happened there.if there was intentional wrongdoing then fair enough, he shouldnt of done it

The fact that he has played a handful of games with very little impact over the past 3-4 years.

that has nothing to do with ego and a massive generalisation.i imagine benitez would tell you different

The fact that he appears on footballers cribs - IMO any footballer with an ounce of respect would not appear on that tacky show.

and if john carew went on this show?

Kewell can piss off. Bellamy is a prick with ability, Kewell is just a prick.

I don't REALLY want either, I REALLY don't want Harry Kewell. Thankfully I very much doubt MON does either.

i wouldnt be too sure

he signed Chris Sutton

Kewell can piss off. Bellamy is a prick with ability, Kewell is just a prick.

I don't REALLY want either, I REALLY don't want Harry Kewell. Thankfully I very much doubt MON does either.

you know him well do you?

Why are people suddenly happy with Liverpool's cast-offs?

We eventually hope to compete with clubs like Liverpool for CL spots, so why should we try and do that with players that have failed to do exactly that for them?

There seems to be a lot of people kicking off that if we sign so and so they will be so disappointed with MON, it will be a disgrace if we sign him, he is just crap full stop!

What happens if we sign these players you think is shit?

Are you not going to give them a chance in a Villa shirt of is that that? They are crap and never going to be any good, i know more than MON? :roll:

This might happen, so people better get over it quick sharp! ;)

The fact that him and his agent screwed Leeds Utd over with his transfer from Leeds to Liverpool?

The fact that he has played a handful of games with very little impact over the past 3-4 years.

The fact that he appears on footballers cribs - IMO any footballer with an ounce of respect would not appear on that tacky show.

Yeah but Samuel did also..........oh ok i see! :lol:

We eventually hope to compete with clubs like Liverpool for CL spots, so why should we try and do that with players that have failed to do exactly that for them?

To be honest i would be happy with, Bellamy, but only for £6-7 million, i think his an improvement in what we have, and bring in a new dimension to our game. I would take a risk on Kewell if he was free, but i dont think he is so why bother.

Just because they havent worked at 1 club doesnt mean they wont at another. Bellamy scored 18 goals the season before last at Blackburn. Shows to me, when playing really the way he wants/likes to be played, he can score goals.

But even so i still hope we can/will do better.

Because they are still improvements on what we already have and we trust MON's judgment. These players haven't even been brought yet and might not even be brought, so you don't have to be disappointed just yet :)

it doesnt matter who they are a cast off of

carew was a lyon cast off....and hes already a cult hero

12 million for Bellamy and Kewell. There was a time we would have been over the moon with that deal. I'm not saying we should sell ourselves short but have we really gone that far when this is not considered a good deal? for me it would be a good bit of business on the condition's Kewell's injury nightmare is finally offer. But that is something I'm sure the club was assess before he is signed.

Because they are still improvements on what we already have and we trust MON's judgment. These players haven't even been brought yet and might not even be brought, so you don't have to be disappointed just yet :)

Beg to differ, but we've experienced a cast of great youngsters come through our own ranks over the past few years, helping create the core of a good team. What we need are not castouts from teams we aim to challenge, but players with ambition to get there.

No way do I pretend to know better, and I fully accept the judgement of the person who believes they will be good enough to work with, but I just can't see someone like Kewell staying fit enough to manage a first team season, let alone making the necessary impact.

Lets face it, we have enough wobbly knees in the squad already.

I saw Bellamy the other day for Wales and he done well, but his comments about us the other day was a bit concerning, he didn't seem happy about being linked with us, i've always said that if we do bring in a new striker Mon should make sure it's a top class one, i'm not sure replacing the ever improving Gabby and Luke with Bellamy would make much of a difference, but exciting players like Afonso and Fabiano would be interesting.

As for Kewell, as i said before he could be a bargin if Mon can get him going, he done it with Berger and he can do it with Kewell imo.

Because they are still improvements on what we already have and we trust MON's judgment.

Whilst you're correct, you also have to consider the fact that we play within a league. Any squad 'improvements' are only relative to the rest of the teams within that league. If we sign Bellamy, Spurs sign Bent, and Liverpool sign Eto'o - how have we improved relative to them? Arguably we wouldn't have done, they'd have just put further ground between us.

And as for your second point - Yes and No. You have to draw the line somewhere when trusting MON's judgement. Bellamy is where I draw the line.

These players haven't even been brought yet and might not even be brought, so you don't have to be disappointed just yet :)

And this is very, very true. So let's all relax (and only moan when we've actually signed somebody that we don't want) :D

Is it a fact or just a disagreement between Kewell, his agent and Leeds?

Has injuries stopped him playing or has he not been the favourite for that spot in Liverpool? Is it maybe a combination of both?

Footballers cribs? That was a longshot why not liking a player, but it seems like you have made up your mind.

BTW...Saunders and Collymore was Liverpool cast off...I liked both on the pitch when they played for Villa. Collymore had his off field issues that I didnt like...but that had nothing to do with Villa or that he was a pool cast off.

IF Kewell and Bellamy comes to Villa they are both improving the team by far...so why should be not try and get players who has played successfully for one of Europes best clubs?

Your arguments against seems very thin...it is more a personal thing than judging them on a footballing reason.

29/05/2007 13.36

Redknapp Wants To Keep Taylor Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp says he is desperate to keep Matt Taylor at Fratton Park next season.

Redknapp Wants To Keep Taylor

zoom - galleria

This was meant to be a link, it wasn't, pleae learn how to do it properly, ie don't use HTML- BICKS

Aston Villa and Liverpool have both been linked with the versatile Taylor, with a figure of £5 million being bandied about in the media.

"I want to keep Matt, and as far as I am concerned, he is going nowhere," Redknapp told the Daily Star.

"I am trying to strengthen my squad not weaken it."

Just turned up on Goal.com.

Who knows, maybe we could be in with a chance along the way there.

Kewell is a class act if hes able to be fit...

I think its pretty obvious Rafa rates him aswell, he started 2005 champs league final after not playing regulaly for months due to injury,

same with fa cup final and he was due to start the recent champs league final but zenden got fit, and then he was brought on to change things..

Maybe Benetez has given up on him due to his injuries, but theres no doubt that hes a 'big four' club player if hes fit