Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I read on another forum that apparently the Spainish press are denying a deal has been done between Valencia and Sneidjer, and to be honest after hearing what Valencia's manager has had to say about the deal i don't know why Wesley would wanna go there, the manager wasn't optimistic about signing him that's for sure.

I totally agree.Quique Flores made it sound like he was being forced to buy sneijder and said he wanted to make his own decisions on players so he can build the team that he wants.However,this could be a tactic to lower sneijder's price.Sneijder would be stupid to join a club where he isn't wanted by the manager.Shevchenko did it and look what happened.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love to see Scott Parker come to VP. I think he has the right attributes as a DM and is experienced which we currently lack with all our young squad. WHU fans already think he is a done deal :lol: . Not sure whether he'd leave the toons though

Bale - not too fussed that his gone to spurs. He is very very young and he has massive potential. However, we already have players with so-called 'massive potential' i.e Gabby, Moore, Young, Cahill etc etc... which is nice but implies that they are decent young players who MAY become top class in the near future. Villa need to start signing players who are top class now and players will deliver straight away.

Kewell - no thanks... Liverpool fans want him out for a reason

One Alves a day keeps the moaners away. New board's tactics. Wonder who it is tomorrow. Joao Alves of Sporting perhaps? Fantastic player I'm led to believe.

In Cyber's defence, mademan, he clearly stated 'Afonso' (did his parents have problems spelling, should have been an L in there surely?) in his original post and there HAS been a lot of Dutch football on Eurosport this season. Not that I've seen any of it, of course.

If you don't want a negative response you better keep parents out of this, :evil:

His name is spelt AFONSO, as stated here!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afonso_Alves

Yes, I know. I see that my post could have been misleading though.

As picicata's already said I was having a go at AFONSO's parents for calling him Afonso (not that it matters much), 'his' pointing back to Afonso's, not 'Cyber's'. Although I must say that it was a rather abortive attempt to amuse people, as I obviously know that both Afonso's parents as well as the Brazilian authorities probably would have found him a proper name at a somewhat earlier stage. (If Afonso was wrong I mean.)

If we are after Thomas Gravesen... God heavens that would be a very bad move Mon!

don't hope it's true... Amen

100% Bollox! I wouldnt be surprised if you are Pro-McCann...

Gravesen has played for Real Madrid. He was brilliant at Everton and he has done ok at Celtic. Gravesen is 31 years old and he still can do a bloody good work in the middle where we have been so weak and inconsistent. The youngsters will benefit hugely by his presence and this would not be a bad move or MON considering he has stated that he wants quantity and quality.

On the Kewell note I would like to mention what his merits are and that he has been a good player for Liverpool recent seasons...although this season has been disappointing by injuries.

Could we do better? Yes probably...but then again...they might not want to play for Villa.

you’re having a laugh of all time aren’t you?

I am Dane and I know about Gravesen thanks, he was good for years ago

But today, he has a very hard time to get on the Celtic team…

So in a way you are right, he is 100% Bollox !! but I will rest my case on him now and just pray we don’t go for him..

We look like we could miss out on NRC as well .My mate is a West Ham fan and his mate went to West Ham agm last week before NRC handed in his transfere request . One of the things spoke about was Reo- Coker wants to leave and has his heart set on Spurs. Cant see where spurs would play him they have about 15 midfielders already dont they .I would love NRC in our midfield. U21 boys can talk him round i hope

So in a way you are right, he is 100% Bollox !! but I will rest my case on him now and just pray we don’t go for him..

May i ask what you will do?

How about give him a chance? No?

Or how about trust MON with the signings? No?

Nothing much left, better stop supporting. ;)

I'm sure there will be players that people are not keen about this summer, but to fly off the handle before even seeing them play in a Vill shirt is ridiculous!

If we are after Thomas Gravesen... God heavens that would be a very bad move Mon!

don't hope it's true... Amen

100% Bollox! I wouldnt be surprised if you are Pro-McCann...

Gravesen has played for Real Madrid. He was brilliant at Everton and he has done ok at Celtic. Gravesen is 31 years old and he still can do a bloody good work in the middle where we have been so weak and inconsistent. The youngsters will benefit hugely by his presence and this would not be a bad move or MON considering he has stated that he wants quantity and quality.

On the Kewell note I would like to mention what his merits are and that he has been a good player for Liverpool recent seasons...although this season has been disappointing by injuries.

Could we do better? Yes probably...but then again...they might not want to play for Villa.

you’re having a laugh of all time aren’t you?

I am Dane and I know about Gravesen thanks, he was good for years ago

But today, he has a very hard time to get on the Celtic team…

If MON is about to bring him to VIlla then I trust his judgement...you will never know if a player is going to be a hit or not...but Gravesen has good experience from top level football. I´m not saying "Buy Gravesen and we are ready for new season!"...all I am saying that Gravesen is good enough to be included in what MON adressed as "quantity...as well as quality".

Remind you that Gravesen has other qualities more than being a good footballer and professional. He isnt Mr Nice Guy and I would compare him sometime with Roy Keane and Robbie Savage in the way he behave on the pitch. He is a teaser and a bullshit talker on the pitch...he constantly irritates people in the opposite team and he is a bulldog for his own team. He has taken a lot of stars down in the past because he can sometime be quite brutal, even with his teammates. Many people on here have put a wanted sign up because we need someone to be a voice in the team...someone who gets pissed off and let all the others know it. He is a Bellamy type of player...

They have called him Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde at times and I think that he would do great at Villa because the leadership of MON.

One Alves a day keeps the moaners away. New board's tactics. Wonder who it is tomorrow. Joao Alves of Sporting perhaps? Fantastic player I'm led to believe.

In Cyber's defence, mademan, he clearly stated 'Afonso' (did his parents have problems spelling, should have been an L in there surely?) in his original post and there HAS been a lot of Dutch football on Eurosport this season. Not that I've seen any of it, of course.

If you don't want a negative response you better keep parents out of this, :evil:

His name is spelt AFONSO, as stated here!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afonso_Alves

Yes, I know. I see that my post could have been misleading though.

As picicata's already said I was having a go at AFONSO's parents for calling him Afonso (not that it matters much), 'his' pointing back to Afonso's, not 'Cyber's'. Although I must say that it was a rather abortive attempt to amuse people, as I obviously know that both Afonso's parents as well as the Brazilian authorities probably would have found him a proper name at a somewhat earlier stage. (If Afonso was wrong I mean.)

Ok, no problem, Afonso will be playing against England on friday!!, if he has an average game no doubt he'll be labled "crap" by some!!. :D

I really hope Mon has his eye on the lad as he could turn out to be a very good player.

Some excellent points.

1 Your usual reference to "the moaners." Such a loveable characteristic.

2 Referring back to an earlier argument despite a mod telling people to stop it.

3 It is indeed Afonso in Portuguese - the language they speak in Brazil.

1. I guess I have used the term on a couple of occasions, hmm, why could that be?

2. Just trying to bring a new point into an old discussion, that's all. This point being that there has been a a lot of coverage on Dutch football on TV this year, meaning people could easily have formed an opinion on Afonso, something mademan didn't seem to think.

3. Cheers, although it wasn't intended seriously, as said in my former post.

I seem to have upset you, so I will log off now.

Reo-Coker hoping for Arsenal offer

West Ham midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker will not commit himself to Tottenham as he is holding out for a move to their north London rivals Arsenal.

Spurs are thought to have registered their interest in the 23-year-old since he handed in a transfer request at Upton Park, but Reo-Coker has set his sights on Champions League football next season.

The player's advisor Tony Finnigan insists there is plenty of interest in the England under-21 captain but it is uncertain how many clubs are willing to pay the Hammers' £9million asking price.

Manchester United, Liverpool and Aston Villa are among those to be linked with Reo-Coker but he is thought to favour a move to the Emirates Stadium.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has long been an admirer of the midfielder but he is likely to wait for the Hammers to lower their valuation.

Meanwhile Alan Curbishley is already looking at replacements for Reo-Coker and has made Newcastle skipper Scott Parker his number one target.

The 26-year-old is keen for a return south and Magpies boss Sam Allardyce will not stand in his way if the Hammers make an acceptable offer of around £7million.

Click Here

Oh how we'd love to have a Brazilian at the club! If he could continue the form he's shown in the dutch league he'd def be a fans favorite.

Yeah id say 34 goals for us would make him somewhat of a success! :lol: