Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

For statos Joey Barton has scored more goals/min, got more assists and interestingly a hell of a lot of crosses for a central midfield player.

Forget the previous incidents - they can be controlled.

He would take us to the next level and would cost 5 million.

If we bought NRC for 8 million I think I'd be very concerned.

I'm interested in how you think Barton could be controlled as the only way I can think of is a course of some aggression reducing drugs. It would be easier if Barton had a bad attitude as this is something you can work on/ change but he is just a psychotic idiot who happens to also be quite good at football.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sulley Muntari Joins Portsmouth

"The 22-year-old Black Star player, who has made over 120 appearances for Udinese and scored 8 goals since his move in 2002, has been a long-term target for Pompey boss Redknapp, who said of Muntari: "I have watched him for over a year and at just 22, he is a fantastic player."

The deal is a club record for Portsmouth, who now have to recoup some of that money and now face having to lose midfielder Matt Taylor to another Premiership side, with Aston Villa and Liverpool the favourites to land the £5million rated Taylor."

Why don't we circulate the other league clubs and say "Mr M O'Neill is the very person to cure the psychiatric ills of your most wayward players. Drop your price a bit because we know all about Joey or Craig, and we'll take all this shit off your hands?" Cos it's about time we had someone nasty.

Leave it out.

Sulley Muntari Joins Portsmouth

"The 22-year-old Black Star player, who has made over 120 appearances for Udinese and scored 8 goals since his move in 2002, has been a long-term target for Pompey boss Redknapp, who said of Muntari: "I have watched him for over a year and at just 22, he is a fantastic player."

The deal is a club record for Portsmouth, who now have to recoup some of that money and now face having to lose midfielder Matt Taylor to another Premiership side, with Aston Villa and Liverpool the favourites to land the £5million rated Taylor."

He will to come to us over Liverpool. Im not even sure they would be interested to be honest as they seem to have "bigger fish to fry" what with being linked with David Villa and Eto'o etc.

Why don't we circulate the other league clubs and say "Mr M O'Neill is the very person to cure the psychiatric ills of your most wayward players. Drop your price a bit because we know all about Joey or Craig, and we'll take all this shit off your hands?" Cos it's about time we had someone nasty.

Leave it out.

Don't think I actually said I wanted someone nasty OF. I genuinely think that Barton and Bellamy get oppo fans going. They are also both very good players and one's that I wouldn't mind having at Villa, despite the baggage.

Every time I have seen Barton play he has been very good. Gets stuck in, can shoot, cross set up goals. Ok he is crap at penalties but nothing new there for us.

Looks like Gordon would love to join us.

I see Matty Taylor is now linked with Liverpool and Spurs.

Can't be that bad a signing now can he? Now the teams that we feel will beat us for EVERY transfer are after him too! :roll:

If that statement isn't a come and get me MON then I don't know what is!!

Interestingly enough according to People and other Sunday papers off OS

most of the players mentioned ..Taylor, Naismith, Gordon, Bellamy, McShane plus NRC are all being chased by MON.

Just a question, if Mon is strongly interested in the half dozen players listed above, what about the numerous scouting trips abroad by Mon, ISM et al. Just how long is his list of top class and squad players?

Its all about having choices. If MON has identified 6 positions he wants filled, he can't just rely on signing the 6 first choice players on his list. What if 5 of those players don't want to join us? You need to have at least three or four options per position. No doubt he has been scouring the UK and Europe to get these options.

Leave it out.

Don't think I actually said I wanted someone nasty OF. I genuinely think that Barton and Bellamy get oppo fans going. They are also both very good players and one's that I wouldn't mind having at Villa, despite the baggage.

I wasn't replying ONLY to your post (you said someone the opposition fans would hate) which is why I didn't quote it. Others though have said we needed someone nasty.

Steve-Orchard wrote:

Quote:

Leave it out.

I wasn't replying ONLY to your post (you said someone the opposition fans would hate) which is why I didn't quote it. Others though have said we needed someone nasty.

My apologies.

I would much rather have someone at the club who is known for their football ability than their nastiness. I guess with Barton, they come hand in hand. It might be an idea to start a thread on here called "players we wouldn't want". I would throw Kieran Richardson into that pot.

If we bought NRC for 8 million I think I'd be very concerned.

Concerned about the price? Choice of player? Or both?

To me the price is irrelevant. If O'Neill wants him and the board are willing to go out and get him that's good enough for me.

IMO he's a good player with a bit of everything and scope to improve. At the very least he's twice the footballer McCann is, so a step in the right direction.

Wasn't Reo-Coker

(a) One of the big gambling boys?

(B) Slagging off Pardew all the time?

a) Bit libelous that. None of us know that for a fact

B) Don't recall. Probably. Although it has since come to light that Pardew had completely lost the confidence of his players. I'm convinved they would of gone down if he'd stayed. Doe that make it right? No, but there were times a year or so ago I wish one of our players had made a stand against the manager.

A bit libellous? Do any of us know for a fact that Ellis pisses in his pants or that Delaney is a moron or a certain Pompey defender prefers his Pal to his Lassie? Thanks for your concern though. OK, let's sign people who'll stir the dressing into rebellion against the manager the first time we have a bad season with him.

My point is that it would be better if we could avoid signing trouble-makers. Much more than I'm worried about us signing someone who doesn't always say, "No, after you Charles" every time there's a tackle to be made. There are some right hard men about, but they don't all cause trouble in the dressing room and amongst their teammates.

Just read on newsnow.co.uk that Jagielka wants to go to Everton. The Toffee's have only offered 4.5mill.

that's a pity.wouldn't have minded jags at villa.has rated him ever since he was talked about in the championship.If we don't get him,i'm sure we have someone better lined up for the rightback slot.

According to F365,Norwich want Suttton.If he leaves, we will definitely need another "big" striker which can be Henrok Goitam that we are being linked with.

Henok Goitom. Swedish wizzkid that has worked in the shadow from Zlatan, but is a very high skilled attacker/winger. He is not that big so to take him on board covering for Sutton doesnt make sense...

Riquelme is quite gettable...he is to return to his club in Spain because Boca Juniors cant afford his salary and therefor not interested in making his loan into a permanent deal. He will change club soon...hope it is Villa.

According to F365,Norwich want Suttton.If he leaves, we will definitely need another "big" striker which can be Henrok Goitam that we are being linked with.

Henok Goitom. Swedish wizzkid that has worked in the shadow from Zlatan, but is a very high skilled attacker/winger. He is not that big so to take him on board covering for Sutton doesnt make sense...

Riquelme is quite gettable...he is to return to his club in Spain because Boca Juniors cant afford his salary and therefor not interested in making his loan into a permanent deal. He will change club soon...hope it is Villa.

Tricella - do you rate Zlatan?

i think the signings that we are the closest to completing are bellamy,taylor,and NRC.Would be delighted to see all of them at the villa.Of course,we still have some "big name" signings to look forward to.That is the assumption i got from reading storey-moore's comments.

Yeah but as someone said yesterday the scary part about it is that just those three would mean an investment of £25M plus and our squad wouldn't look that much different to what it does we would still not have made a single big signing. But I wouldn't be complaining ...they're all English/British players, played in the Premiership and all that! If the budget is £30M then how much else will Randy need to spend?

saw this comment much earlier and it is spot on for me.

MON for the core of the team wants British players or those who have proved themselves in the PL

we have the money and TBH like under Gregory I want the core to be like this

Inn this context NFC is exactly the player we need