Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sort of game against Chelsea is perfect for Sissoko. He can concentrate on stopping the opposition.

When asked to actually contribute to an attacking game, he is lost.

There was a game against Charlton and after a few shots, Liverpool fans were urging him not to shoot and Charlton fans were shouting 'shooooot' at him.

So then guys and gals...

How many midfield positions do we need is it 1 CM and 1 RM ?

Out of the following pick the ONE person out of these who you would like the most for our CM role!

Barton, Sissoko, Sneider, Reo-Coker, Kallstrom.

So then guys and gals...

Out of the following pick the ONE person out of these who you would like the most for our CM role!

Sissoko.

Why do we need a RM? Surely we need a LM.

That sort of game against Chelsea is perfect for Sissoko. He can concentrate on stopping the opposition.

When asked to actually contribute to an attacking game, he is lost.

There was a game against Charlton and after a few shots, Liverpool fans were urging him not to shoot and Charlton fans were shouting 'shooooot' at him.

I think that's a bit of a misguided view, the kid from what i've seen has everything in his game and is still improving, Vieira at his age wasn't as good as him many believe, and against Barcelona in the second leg he hit a cracking shot from about 40 yards that hit the bar, he's not that bad going forward, i remember Everton were very close to getting him before Liverpool stepped in, i doubt they'll let him go but he'd be an excellent signing if we did manage to pull it off.

So then guys and gals...

Sissoko to replace McCann and Sneijder to be our playmaker please.

Id be happy with any of them though.

I think that's a bit of a misguided view, the kid from what i've seen has everything in his game and is still improving, Vieira at his age wasn't as good as him many believe, and against Barcelona in the second leg he hit a cracking shot from about 40 yards that hit the bar, he's not that bad going forward, i remember Everton were very close to getting him before Liverpool stepped in, i doubt they'll let him go but he'd be an excellent signing if we did manage to pull it off.

He's nowhere near having everything to his game.

He's very raw. He can't play killer balls and in fact, struggles to play square balls half the time. He makes McCann look like a footballing genius at times.

The shot against Barcelona was an open goal, which he missed, hardly something to remember...

How about Carlo Cudicini - surely he'd want 1st team football now - he's a great keeper.....

Except we already have a better keeper than Cudicini at the moment.

You sure ?

I am not in the Sorrenson out camp myself, but it appears that most Villa fans want a change.

If MON wants a change, he's definately an option imo -- I reiterate, imo

He's very raw. He can't play killer balls and in fact, struggles to play square balls half the time. He makes McCann look like a footballing genius at times.

The shot against Barcelona was an open goal, which he missed, hardly something to remember...

Yes McCann is much better and what an easy chance

was! :roll:

I wouldn't brag about that shot.

Firstly, he didn't score.

Secondly, lots of players would have scored that.

Thirdly, why anybody would ever try and argue he has a good shot, I don't know...

No player who can't play a "killer pass" and "play a squar ball" plays for both Liverpool and Valencia as much as he does, your notion is pure fabrication imo!!, and by the way the shot against Barca was hit first time from 40 yards!!, hardly the miss of the season!! :roll:

You just said he's the complete footballer, with everything to his game. Have you ever seen him?

Gerrard is pretty close to having everything to his game, now compare him to Sissoko...the difference is vast.

Sissoko doesn't actually play for Liverpool anymore, hence the story. They now have a proper player in Mascherano, a guy who can actually do most things on a pitch.

Sissoko is a very good player. We can't go for a Gerrard/Mascherano so thats why he would be good for us. Certainly considerably better than anything else we have and definately a 'step up to the next level'

I wouldn't brag about that shot.

Firstly, he didn't score.

Secondly, lots of players would have scored that.

Thirdly, why anybody would ever try and argue he has a good shot, I don't know...

Yeah its easy isnt it, striking a ball that is coming to you at pace, first time from 40 yards - you would have even scored it, that's how easy it is :roll:

He isn't going to e signed to score goals anyway he is a defensive midfielder, so your point is irrelevant.