Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagielka wants move to boost England bid

Phil Jagielka will tell new Sheffield United manager Bryan Robson this week that he wants to join Everton, who released him as a youngster.

The defender, who impressed as a substitute for England B against Albania on Friday, is convinced he needs to play Premiership football next season to further his international ambitions and has chosen Everton ahead of Bolton, Aston Villa and Newcastle.

Jagielka hopes his decision will persuade Robson to accept an improved £4.5 million offer from David Moyes rather than hold out for the £6m asking price.

Jagielka, 24, played a number of positions for his club last season but was used by England as a right-back and that is where Moyes sees him next season.

Jagielka, who was watched by Robson playing for England B right-back and that is probably where I will be if I can continue at international level. There are possibly more opportunities at right-back because there is so much quality around in midfield and at centre-half.

"Everyone knows what Bryan Robson has achieved in the game. I haven’t spoken with him yet but I imagine we will be having a chat this week."

However, Sheffield United chairman Kevin McCabe insists the club will sell Jagielka only at the right price. "It’s hardly surprising other clubs are interested in a player of his quality and potential," he said.

Moyes might also be frustrated in his attempts to sign another Evertonian, Preston striker David Nugent. The Championship club want £8m for Nugent but Moyes is willing to pay only £4m.

Spurs in the hunt after Hammers skipper hands in transfer request

Tottenham and Liverpool are believed to be the front-runners to give Nigel Reo-Coker his wish after the West Ham captain handed in a transfer request.

According to his advisor, Tony Finnigan, the 23-year-old has decided on a move for pastures new after he was not given the right assurances over his future by the club's board.

"I can confirm that Nigel Reo-Coker has officially handed in a transfer request with West Ham," said Finnigan.

"Nigel hopes his future will be resolved in the next few weeks.

"I am surprised that a 23-year-old Londoner who is captain of his club is being allowed to leave."

Finnigan added on www.skysports.com: "As I said in January, Nigel would get his head down and work to keep West Ham in the Premiership.

"And that is exactly what he did with 100% commitment."

Tottenham and Liverpool are believed to be the front-runners for his services and Spurs boss Martin Jol has made no secret of the fact that he has long been an admirier of the youngster.

Clicky

If I could pick a midfielder I would want us to buy Tim Cahill from Everton. He would cost around 12-15M and it well worth it in my opinion. Not only would we buy a great player we would also buy the best player from one of our rivals. He played 9 full games this season before getting injured and scored 5 goals. Before that 16 goals in two seasons, which is very good for a midfielder.

Barry to play in centre of midfield

Bouma Left back

Bring in someone like Taylor would can cover the left wing and LB positions. sounds good to me

Sounds good to me too...but where to put Young?

Sorensen

? Mellberg Laursen Bouma

Maloney Petrov Barry Young

Agbonlahor Carew

I think the team looks quite ok. I would put energy on the right defence and right midfield. A new goalie that would push Sorensen or even take over his place. A central defender of bigger class than what we got. A central defensive midfielder together with a maestro attacking midfielder. A proven striker and a left winger...and we´re ready for the new season!

Boruc, if rumours says right he will be great for us

Ferreira, or another in the same class

Shaun Wright Phillips, or another in the same class

Matt Taylor, if rumours says right I am ok with this

Phil Jagielka, if rumours says right I am ok with this

Central defender of high class

Central defensive midfielder of high class

Striker of high class

The areas where I havent put a name into it is where we should go BIG...that would take the team to another level and improve us hugely. As you can see I expect at least 8 new signings this summer...C´mon Martin! :lol:

Young plays with both feet and is equally effective on the right wing

Barry to play in centre of midfield

Bouma Left back

Bring in someone like Taylor would can cover the left wing and LB positions. sounds good to me

Sounds good to me too...but where to put Young?

Sorensen

? Mellberg Laursen Bouma

Maloney Petrov Barry Young

Agbonlahor Carew

I think the team looks quite ok. I would put energy on the right defence and right midfield. A new goalie that would push Sorensen or even take over his place. A central defender of bigger class than what we got. A central defensive midfielder together with a maestro attacking midfielder. A proven striker and a left winger...and we´re ready for the new season!

Boruc, if rumours says right he will be great for us

Ferreira, or another in the same class

Shaun Wright Phillips, or another in the same class

Matt Taylor, if rumours says right I am ok with this

Phil Jagielka, if rumours says right I am ok with this

Central defender of high class

Central defensive midfielder of high class

Striker of high class

The areas where I havent put a name into it is where we should go BIG...that would take the team to another level and improve us hugely. As you can see I expect at least 8 new signings this summer...C´mon Martin! :lol:

Young plays with both feet and is equally effective on the right wing

His right foot is far better, and I'm a bit surprised he's been playing wide left taht much since arriving.

Gareth Barry's been asking MON to sign Bellamy and talking the deal up - normally a sign that it's going to happen.

I haven't poured through all of the posts, so aplogies if this has already been mentioned.

As for £10 mill for Craig Gordon, that's £4 million too much at least.

How about Carlo Cudicini - surely he'd want 1st team football now - he's a great keeper.....

Both Spuds and Liverplop are desperate for left sided players as neither really have any!

Liverplop only have Risse now.

Spuds only have Bale now (the other 2 are shit)

Looks like our interest has sparked other parties to live about the availability of the player.

Liverplop want Taylor, thats that then.

Spurs and Liverplop want NRC as well, thats that as well!

That's the attitude Jez :roll:

Did Spurs down tools for Bale just because Man U were rumoured to be interested?

Have a little faith in the new regime, please, just try a little bit.

Liverplop want Taylor, thats that then.

Spurs and Liverplop want NRC as well, thats that as well!

That's the attitude Jez :roll:

Did Spurs down tools for Bale just because Man U were rumoured to be interested?

Have a little faith in the new regime, please, just try a little bit.

Nothing wrong with that attitude, makes it all the sweeter if we do pull them off :D;)

Don't know if anybody has mentioned it already, but The Times linked us to Harewood yesterday. I hope this isn't true! If we sign him I would be bitterly disappointed. On the other hand, we were also linked to Nugent yesterday, which I like the sound of.

i am very confident after o`neill lured ashley young to villa park amid competition that if reo coker or anyone else gets to meet o`neill and is shown around the place with the new training complex and all that they would sign for us.