Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

yeah.. as someone else has said, there are a awful lot of teams with money this summer. Already Reo Coker has choices - I think he'll go to either the toons or Spurs

Why? :roll: , why do people think that if any other side shows an interest the player won't come to us?, it was the same with Ashley Young, everyone thought he was "going to spurs" and we all know how that turned out,.

My sentiments exactly.

People 'fear' Spurs and Toon on this board, (they won't admit it but they do), it's shown especially with Toon with the thread in the off topic section.

If we're in for Reo-coker, he'll come to us. Not Newcastle or Spurs.

Completely agree, it's sickening the way people big those clubs up, i for one feel we shouldn't fear ANYONE in this league let alone clubs outside the top four, Nigel isn't stupid, he'll see where this club is heading and want to be a part of it.

Newcastle have nothing on us - I know that villa are a much better club and have a better future.

Spurs on the other hand are looking damn right good for next season. I for one think that they will be mixing it up with the top 4 (along with us). Do I fear them, NO!!!! I'm trying to give a non-bias opinion.

So if Newcastle have "nothing on us" why do you insist that Nigel would choose them over us?, your contradicting yourself. i believe Spurs are overrated, and we'll be the ones to prove that next season.

ermmm yeah - i didnt explain myself.

its the same reason why players like Martins and Owen have gone to Newcastle... they think they can just walk into the club and make it a top 4 side. Big Sam is the new manager... big fan base... and always said to be a BIG club. I THINK villa will finish above the toons again next season - but this wont stop big names going to the toons.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its the same reason why players like Martins and Owen have gone to Newcastle... they think they can just walk into the club and make it a top 4 side. Big Sam is the new manager... big fan base... and always said to be a BIG club. I THINK villa will finish above the toons again next season - but this wont stop big names going to the toons.

i would tend to agree with that

there is absolutely no subtance in this, no suggestion that we really are interested. I think it is the press putting 2 and 2 together.

Also, i don't like Reo-Coker's attitude. He doesn't seem to care, he complains almost constantly and he is always being booked. I hope we don't sign him. If he costs £8m i will scream.

Yeah i mean the way he was made a scapegoat by westham and their fans and still managed to remain 100% committed and help keep them up is disgraceful :roll:

Dunno why the barcaodes are being talked about as suchh a better lure than us.

1. Fat Sam or Martin O'Neill

2. Randy or Fat Freddy

3. Bodymoor Heath

4. Whether they like it or not we have history and tradition

5. Erm, all this talk of them being bigger and better than us when actually despite our mid-season dip we finish higher up the table than these **** wannabees!!

There is only one stat that they can say makes them currently bigger than us and that is their 52000 crowd as opposed to our max of 42500, but that will be put right in the next couple of years when our magnificent new north stand is built.

for some odd reason - players keep on going to newcastle despite where they finished in the season. weird???

Dunno why the barcaodes are being talked about as suchh a better lure than us.

1. Fat Sam or Martin O'Neill

2. Randy or Fat Freddy

3. Bodymoor Heath

4. Whether they like it or not we have history and tradition

5. Erm, all this talk of them being bigger and better than us when actually despite our mid-season dip we finish higher up the table than these **** wannabees!!

There is only one stat that they can say makes them currently bigger than us and that is their 52000 crowd as opposed to our max of 42500, but that will be put right in the next couple of years when our magnificent new north stand is built.

for some odd reason - players keep on going to newcastle despite where they finished in the season. weird???

Massive wages?

Our squad returns for pre-Season training at the new Bodymoor Heath on the 4th July.

That gives us 38 days of fun if we want to get players in from day one of the pre-season.

One a week from here on in will suit me down to the ground, and I don't think Bellamy, Reo-Coker and Taylor would be a bad start !

The attraction of the toons is quite frankly nothing to do with the size of crowd. The so-called best fans in the world are very quick to turn when things go wrong and were getting awful crowds til king Kev (Been thru this before, PM me if you want to know) turned up to magane them, then every woodwork bled supporters.

Simply put the players go there cos of the image that has been projected that they are a massive club. It's all about the gloss, the sell, the salesmanship. The reality is much different I feel. 52K a game does not on it's own make a big club. Shit if Villa were the ONLY club in Brum we'd get crowds to rival if not better Man U. They basically spend money they don't have to attract players by paying everyone, from tea ladies to managers over the odds so to show they are bigger than they are. That is why they are bleeding cash, even with the new guys investment. I wonder if he's taking the debt on or not?

I do not see them as big. Is Fat Sam a big name manager in the mould of Keegan, Gullit, Robson or Dalglish? No way. In fact, the signes that they were skint were there for all to see when their last 2 managers were... Sounees and Roeder. Big **** names heh!?! Fat Sam will be on no way near the wages of managers past and even after the takeover his transfer budget I guess is nothing compared to the past. They signed Owen on a panic of needing a big name to appease the fans and sell tickets. Shit they even agreed a 9m get out clause in his contract?!?! THey must be mad to let a player of his qual leave for that. Hence Fat Freddies public moaning that Owen owed them. He knows they need him fit and staying to sell tickets.

THey are not the draw as they claim to be. We are fast becoming a big draw. Just ask Arsene Wenger. He sees us as a growing force.

EDIT: I've edited out the libellous bit. We don't want to get sued thank you. ahamaad

Barry-----Snejder ----- Reo-Coker------Young

With backup of Gardner, Osbourne, Petrov and Taylor

What about Berger and Maloney?

Forgot them it gets better!

I actually included Maloney in my upfront suggestions

We will sign SWP
Where did that suddenly come from kkr?

Remembering the report in the papers about us allegedly trying all we can to sign reo-coker also made me think of other reports etc after January.

By all accounts we tried to sign SWP then and MON commented saying it would be something he would look at again in the summer, so im hoping he is doing so!

NRC's agent has said on SSN that it's ridiculous to say he wants stay in London but wouldn't say where he is going. I dunno why, but I got a fut feeling he's ours already.

... though of course won't play for England cos Coco the Clown is in charge.

Point taken........ but what's Clown gonna do if in next few years (

Young, Gabby, Barry, Reo Cocker, Jagielka, (If there ours) Gardner, Moore and Co set the Premiership alight...is he or his England successor REALLY gonna be able to continue ignoring B6??!!

didnt MON go in for a loan move for SWP in jan??? cant remember the details

SWP is starting to get some games and its less likely that he'll move

if we did get SWP, we'd probably have the smallest team in the prem lol and i bet we'll still try and play long ball lol

This is the report about SWP from jan -

Aston Villa look set to renew their interest in Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips in the summer, despite missing out this January.

Villans boss Martin O'Neill has confirmed the club made a move for the former Manchester City attacker, but that the player had only been willing to make a temporary move to Villa Park as he looks to fight for his future at Stamford Bridge.

O'Neill has since signed winger Ashley Young from Watford, but despite the addition O'Neill has suggested he will make another move for the fringe Blues man when the transfer window reopens at the end of the season.

"We did make a bid for Wright-Phillips - but I must stress this was in addition to anything we were trying to sort out with Ashley Young," O'Neill explained.

"It wasn't a case of Wright-Phillips instead of Young. Absolutely not.

"In terms of a permanent move, Wright-Phillips wanted more time to think about it and I can understand that. However, the loan was something he was interested in and, you never know we might revisit it during the summer."

It's back to league action next for Villa though, with Young set to make his debut in the club's visit to take on Newcastle United on Wednesday.

swp

NRC's agent has said on SSN that it's ridiculous to say he wants stay in London but wouldn't say where he is going. I dunno why, but I got a fut feeling he's ours already.

... though of course won't play for England cos Coco the Clown is in charge.

Point taken........ but what's Clown gonna do if in next few years (

Young, Gabby, Barry, Reo Cocker, Jagielka, (If there ours) Gardner, Moore and Co set the Premiership alight...is he or his England successor REALLY gonna be able to continue ignoring B6??!!

Well we won the league with Mortimer commanding the midfield along with Cowans, Morley, Withe and Shaw and between them they all only got a whiff of England caps.

We are not a liked club. Yes along with Arsenal we have the most capped English players in history, but bear in mind when the majority were.