Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Bellamy for 12 million is bullshit.As much as I think he would be a great addition to the squad, 12mill is way too much.5-6 mill would be just about right.For 12 mill we can get someone who is better value for money.Apparently we are looking for 2 defenders.Kompany(branded the best young technical defender in the world) and seitaridis anyone?Probly wouldn't happen but we can dream.....

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't like the little shit! Bellamy is a liability we could do without. If he aint good enough for liverpool he aint good enough for the villa, Simple!

Now this isn't a pro Bellendamy post but its the logic I can't understand

If he's not good enough for a team that have reached 2 of the last 3 Champions League finals, he's not good enough for Villa?

How does that work, are we better than them? It just seems to me that people are expecting too much too soon

Sure he's an arsehole of the highest degree but on the principal of taking the cast offs from a major European force that has to be wrong surely?

I just don't like the little shit! Bellamy is a liability we could do without. If he aint good enough for liverpool he aint good enough for the villa, Simple!

Now this isn't a pro Bellendamy post but its the logic I can't understand

If he's not good enough for a team that have reached 2 of the last 3 Champions League finals, he's not good enough for Villa?

How does that work, are we better than them? It just seems to me that people are expecting too much too soon

Sure he's an arsehole of the highest degree but on the principal of taking the cast offs from a major European force that has to be wrong surely?

spot on.

6 mill is fair for a good young player who can only improve and does a solid job in a number of positions, not to dissimilar to Barry in that respect.

I think we should go for him... :D

I understand what Tricella is saying.

This is not meant in a negative way or kicking off at the board anything like that but...

Villa have never seem to do anything quickly, things always seem to be a struggle etc. Oh well...

You read my intention perfectly right. Thanks!

There is no bad feeling at all about the Lerner regime, I hope they stay forever! I love Martin O´Neill and I have a feeling he can bring success for the club. I am just commenting the way it always seem to go for Villa when the transfer market has opened (yes I know..not yet). We always seem to be slow starters and I would love us to go out and show we mean business from day one. We have the artillery...we have the plan...just go out and knock ´em down! :winkold:

One big signing of true quality would make me relax until July....(just so you know :winkold: ).

Just think of how proud everyone would be and how much good publicity Villa would get if we knocked everyone of their seats with a giant signing. It would rock the foundation that the big spenders have laid down whereas every other club seem to wait until the big guns have shown their cards and after that it is happy hour for every other club. I say...lets rock that foundation...lets show the big guns that there is a new giant entering the arena! :twisted:

I know what your saying about Villa sometimes dragging their heels but I think this was definately the case with the old regime. The new regime haven't really been given chance to act quickly in the transfer market and in hindsight I think it really comes down to the fact on whether the player on the short-list is available at that moment in time. Also looking at the bigger picture not many clubs have acted yet in the transfer market. It is something I thiok we'll have to judge at the beginning of the season.

£12 million for Bellamy is way too much! I do think that MON feels the same because he seems to know a lot about value of money and players. He knows Bellamy so he can surely weigh up how much money he´s worth.

Bellamy is a good player, but as someone said earlier...with his baggage he is way too expensive and way too much a risk to take for £12m!

I dont agree with the valuation of £4m either...his value should be around £8m. He is quality on the pitch and to sell him for £4m is bad business for Liverpool. They want to recoup some money and they willl not sell him on the cheap because of the "Golf tour with Riise".

£12 million for Bellamy is way too much! I do think that MON feels the same because he seems to know a lot about value of money and players. He knows Bellamy so he can surely weigh up how much money he´s worth.

Bellamy is a good player, but as someone said earlier...with his baggage he is way too expensive and way too much a risk to take for £12m!

I dont agree with the valuation of £4m either...his value should be around £8m. He is quality on the pitch and to sell him for £4m is bad business for Liverpool. They want to recoup some money and they willl not sell him on the cheap because of the "Golf tour with Riise".

Agreed!

Have people really not learned the lessons of the January window?

2 days into the window we had all those "We haven't done anythinmg yet we must get a move on or we'll be left behind and not buy anyone" type panicking threads.

Now we're getting the same.

If we spend £12 million on Jagielka and Taylor, then I'll be very disappointed.

Really

What if on top of that we spend 30M on Schnejder , Bent, Boruc and Naismith?

Have people really not learned the lessons of the January window?

2 days into the window we had all those "We haven't done anythinmg yet we must get a move on or we'll be left behind and not buy anyone" type panicking threads.

Now we're getting the same.

I think you must have miss-read Richard as all i see is people discussing how in general Villa seem to take their time, not necessarily moaning that we haven't signed 5 players so far for example.

Infact i don't think there has been any of that.

You can talk about a slow start without moaning about the club and moaning that we haven't signed anyone.

12 million for bellamy... get ****, 4 mill max!!

Who cares its not your money and if MON and Randy are willing to pay that it certainly doesn't matter!

Oh unless it needs to be thrown in their faces everytime they dont perform to 12mill standards! :!:

It seems alot of people do!! 12 Million is extortionate, especially when the money could be better spent elsewhere.... why do you always try to pick a fight?? i.e. referring to Petrov?? :roll:

I hope there is news soon about us signing SOMEONE or I go crazy! Many teams has already made good signings...like Portsmouth, Manchester U, Chelsea, Tottenham...we need to be aggressive on the transfer market and not wait for everyone else to take their share before we steps in to get the best of the rest!!!

Thought I read this well to be honest. Plus comments in other threads that you probably haven't got around to reading yet Jez.

I hope there is news soon about us signing SOMEONE or I go crazy! Many teams has already made good signings...like Portsmouth, Manchester U, Chelsea, Tottenham...we need to be aggressive on the transfer market and not wait for everyone else to take their share before we steps in to get the best of the rest!!!

Thought I read this well to be honest. Plus comments in other threads that you probably haven't got around to reading yet Jez.

Only 1? By the reaction you would have though there was loads, going on and on?

Anyway you forgot to include the author and his then response to his above post, here i'll post it for you..

There is a lot of time left, but this waiting and not hear anything drives me crazy. I just hope that Villa would be a starter for once and not always sit and wait...

I know I made a post a little bit over the top, but I´ve seen good players passing us by that would do good for us...

So hardly the big deal it was made out to be, just alittle frustration..

As i said more of a discussion about how Villa are slow in general, not necessarily moaning for moanings sake.

But hey if you read it differently thats fine too :D

It seems alot of people do!! 12 Million is extortionate, especially when the money could be better spent elsewhere.... why do you always try to pick a fight?? i.e. referring to Petrov?? :roll:

Surely it doesn't matter though, who cares if MON and Randy think its worth it and can be afforded, they once again know more than us!

Could be better spent elsewhere? How do you know this?

I dunno what you on about referring to Petrov i didn't mention him at all :?

I do think all our deals should be undisclosed so fans cannot use that reason to have a go at players as it really doesn't matter in regard to the price!